Native american chief belt buckle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Old native american belt buckle. Has teepee, crossed arrows and peace pipes. Little wear on the very end of his nose. Still could use.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210305_130840.jpg
    20210305_130840.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 156
  • 20210305_130913.jpg
    20210305_130913.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
REAL NEAT
What do you think about this style. I know it has been around for sometime. I have seen 1940's -50's ones but I found this one they claim is much older. I think it is a rip-off lie. I can see it is a different design with riders on horses rearing up. What do you think?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

willong

Reaction score
Old Indian chief belt buckle. Has teepee, crossed arrows and peace pipes. Little wear on the very end of his nose. Still could use.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
What's the context of this item? Is it something you recently dug, found metal detecting, purchased in a thrift shop or etc.?

I am assuming that the buckle is a generic depiction of Amerindians--I particularly like the travois inclusion in the images. However, do you think that the buckle is supposed to represent any particular individual or tribe?

Last edited:

willong

Reaction score
What do you think about this style. I know it has been around for sometime. I have seen 1940's -50's ones but I found this one they claim is much older. I think it is a rip-off lie. I can see it is a different design with riders on horses rearing up. What do you think?
ROBBYBOBBY64.
As for the eBay listing, I have to say: "What a joke!" The link took me to a belt buckle that obviously depicts an Amerindian in headdress flanked by cowboy riders on rearing broncos--rider on left is wearing chaps and Stetson for goodness sakes--but the listing text describes "CIRCA 100BCE ANCIENT CELTIC BRONZE FIGURINE FACE!" If that weren't enough, the Thailand location would raise flags for me.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What's the context of this item? Is it something you recently dug, found metal detecting, purchased in a thrift shop or etc.?

I am assuming that the buckle is a generic depiction of Amerindians--I particularly like the travois inclusion in the images. However, do you think that the buckle is supposed to represent any particular individual or tribe?
I purchased from a seller. I am not sure what tribe it is meant to depict. I hope nobody finds this offensive. I just like arrowheads, spearpoints, tomahawks and now this belt buckle.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
As for the eBay listing, I have to say: "What a joke!" The link took me to a belt buckle that obviously depicts an Amerindian in headdress flanked by cowboy riders on rearing broncos--rider on left is wearing chaps and Stetson for goodness sakes--but the listing text describes "CIRCA 100BCE ANCIENT CELTIC BRONZE FIGURINE FACE!" If that weren't enough, the Thailand location would raise flags for me.
I know right! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Maybe mines 100 BCE too. Lol! Such liars.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Hamco

Reaction score
beautiful patina on the buckle. I'd guess 40's at the earliest. War Bonnets were mainly worn by native American plains tribes so seeing mountains in the background would lead me to believe it was more of an idea of the Native American vs a specific tribe. As for the Thai auction - I trust their food but that buckle's age is laughable. Kinda like a $1000 Owl drug shot glass.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Ha! See also: this ridiculous "Roman" skull ring from the same seller that looks like the sort of thing that came in vending machines twenty years ago. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonderful-...940382?hash=item46b3e6879e:g:LB4AAOSwO-lfRpoA

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac