Native american chief belt buckle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
I hope nobody finds this offensive. I just like arrowheads, spearpoints, tomahawks and now this belt buckle.

Certainly doesn't offend me; and I have at least as much Amerindian DNA as Pocahontas (Sen. Elizabeth Warren).

Actually, I'm disgusted by how people get so overwrought that their hypersensitivity prevents them seeing that many team names and mascots are adopted in honor of the ethnicities they depict. The teams and other organizations often sought to portray themselves as having the same pride, honor and fighting spirit as members of the group whose identity they invoke. What's next? Will teams named "Vikings" and "Spartans" be cancelled because they appropriate Scandnavian or Greek culture?

I'm not really a fan, nor a consumer of professional team sports. However, if I were, I would not be offended by team names that paid tribute to my Scottish or Germanic heritage: "Go Cherusci tribe" or "Fight hard Highlanders"....Yeah!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
beautiful patina on the buckle. I'd guess 40's at the earliest. War Bonnets were mainly worn by native American plains tribes so seeing mountains in the background would lead me to believe it was more of an idea of the Native American vs a specific tribe. As for the Thai auction - I trust their food but that buckle's age is laughable. Kinda like a $1000 Owl drug shot glass.
I think the 40's was a different style. The prong was not a pin.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Here is the 1940's type I know. Look on the back. Different belt buckle I know, I have seen the same one I have with this older style back.

jc_john1

Reaction score
Can you make out the company signature just left of the Indian face on the back of the buckle? It is too weak in the posted picture for my old eyes to make out.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Can you make out the company signature just left of the Indian face on the back of the buckle? It is too weak in the posted picture for my old eyes to make out.
Here it is, with and without flash. I can't make it out. I thought it was a states shape but it doesn't match any exactly. I will do a little search and see what I can come up with.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210311_104944.jpg
    20210311_104944.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210311_104956.jpg
    20210311_104956.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Certainly doesn't offend me; and I have at least as much Amerindian DNA as Pocahontas (Sen. Elizabeth Warren).

Actually, I'm disgusted by how people get so overwrought that their hypersensitivity prevents them seeing that many team names and mascots are adopted in honor of the ethnicities they depict. The teams and other organizations often sought to portray themselves as having the same pride, honor and fighting spirit as members of the group whose identity they invoke. What's next? Will teams named "Vikings" and "Spartans" be cancelled because they appropriate Scandnavian or Greek culture?

I'm not really a fan, nor a consumer of professional team sports. However, if I were, I would not be offended by team names that paid tribute to my Scottish or Germanic heritage: "Go Cherusci tribe" or "Fight hard Highlanders"....Yeah!
Maybe York DNA also. York was a black man that accompanied Lewis and Clark. The native americans that met him were so amazed at his black colored skin. They tried to wipe it off. The chiefs thought he had the spirit of the black bear in him and so he was encouraged to have sex with the native woman so they could have the black bears spirit in thier tribe. He had a lot of sex. Don't remember this in the history books do ya?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I can't find the maker. I may just clean the name area. I like the patina. I found the same type but different style back. They say it is 1960's but that back says 1950's to me. States maker is unknown. Looks like the same mark as mine. Oh well, I will keep looking I guess. With my luck it probably says "made in mexico". Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I can't find anything. I am just going to clean the one spot so I can see the name. I sure hope I can read it after.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch