NC - Buckhorn Lithia Water - Bullock, NC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello all and Happy Holidays -
This was my pick (second pick of three) a couple of weeks ago on a group dig. I've seen them mentioned on NC websites and such, but not embossed like this. Has anyone seen this variation or any info. on this type?

Attn: Pontiled (Mike Russell) or anyone who can help ---

It has (curved) BUCKHORN - then this is the odd section: circled around monogram initials - BUCKHORN LITHIA WATER CO. - HENDERSON, N.C. (<----weird part) - then larger embossing again: LITHIA WATER // BULLOCK N.C.

Thanks for looking.

Wu60826.jpg

Attachments

• Wu60826.jpg
    Wu60826.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 84

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Here's a closer look at the middle section and the monogram area, which is different than the ones that I've seen before. Note the "Henderson, N.C."

Ay74180.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74180.jpg
    Ay74180.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 97

David E

Reaction score
Close to it
Buffalo Lithia Water Round 10" and 11" Aqua or Clear $6.00 to $10.00
Buffalo Mineral Springs Water Aqua 10" $8.00 to $20.00
Don't trust pricing in this book

Dave

Pontiled

Reaction score
Meech, I'm sure you have a rare one here. I cannot say that I've ever seen one or even heard of one. Oh yes, we live in Henderson too! It has to date to a period when Henderson was more of a "railroad" town than now. I wouldn't even try to place a value on one that is truly rare like this one.

You have a real goodie!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
David E - Thanks for the help, but this is a totally different company/location. We dig/find many Buffalo variations and on a regular basis. Buffalo Lithia Water bottles can be found in just about every antique shop or flea market, at least in Virginia. Hence the pricing you quoted. Harder to find variations of this bottle will, of course demand more. Most shops, etc. have inflated prices on these.

idigjars - Thanks.

Pontiled - I've researched this bottle a good bit and this is the limited info. I have. I've seen one that sold and was mentioned on the (I think) Raleigh, NC website. It had an original label (on back opposite of embossing) and a Buckhorn tag attached to it's top/neck. A Buckhorn label (ONLY) sold for $37 on eBay, less than a week ago!!![:-] Before researching this bottle, I thought that it was more on the common side rather than rare. I sort of think this variation, with the center embossment, is at least scarce. I will email the SBC (Southeast Bottle Club) when time allows and see what they have to say. Hopefully, they will think it's a goodie also. Thanks for the reply Mike.

slimdigger

Reaction score
Meech, Reggie Lynch should be able to give you an exact price range for your bottle. Slimdigger

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,
You know me, I'm not really interested in it's value. From a learning point of view (history), I'd like to know if this variation is seen much or at all. I will email Reggie when I get more time and if he doesn't know, then maybe he'll know someone who will. Thanks.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp