Near Miss

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
Hi I found this many years ago driving in this site Which at the turn of the 20th century was an old scrap yard used to cut up old boats and Allot of other things. we can't get to it from Shore the land around the site now has $500,000 homes on it and they don't want some old divers tramping across their lawns. So my Dive buddy and I took his boat to get to that way . We selected a spot and tossed the anchor in . so after we got ready I rolled in and went down the anchor line. this crock Dutch schnapps jug was about 2 inches from the anchor a near miss on it is written ERVEN LUCAS BOLS HET LOOTSJE IMG_20200301_152906.jpgAMSTERDAM

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_152716.jpg
    IMG_20200301_152716.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 170

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Love those old stoneware bottles/jugs.

BTW, you said you were diagnosed with Parkinsons 10 years ago. How are you doing now? Hopefully ok. Love seeing your posts and hearing about your dives.

GLASSHOPPER

Bufflehead

Reaction score
Another example of why this site is great. For multiple reasons.

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
hi glasshopper ;I remember seeing he anchor resting in the muddy bottom and this jug not 2 inches away . It was not damaged . I wrote Bols in Holland when i found it and they told me it was a schnapps jug with the little finger loop in itt he said makes it from 1870 to about 1915. the jugs were actually made in a plant in Germany .but by 1915 they couldn't get anymore jugs from Germany so they went elsewhere to get them and they are a different color and doesn't have the little finger hole..
As or Parkinson's i was diagnosed in 2007 and it been gradulally getting worse since . I don't drive any more , and I don't dive very much because my balance isn't as good as it once was , and scrambling down the side of a slippery rock with a in a wetsuit while wearing a tank and 25 or so pounds of led around your waist usually ends with someone coming over to see if i broke something . But I have 40 years of bottles and a variety of things I've found to share so I'll concentrate on that .

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
hi glasshopper ;I remember seeing he anchor resting in the muddy bottom and this jug not 2 inches away . It was not damaged . I wrote Bols in Holland when i found it and they told me it was a schnapps jug with the little finger loop in itt he said makes it from 1870 to about 1915. the jugs were actually made in a plant in Germany .but by 1915 they couldn't get anymore jugs from Germany so they went elsewhere to get them and they are a different color and doesn't have the little finger hole..
As or Parkinson's i was diagnosed in 2007 and it been gradulally getting worse since . I don't drive any more , and I don't dive very much because my balance isn't as good as it once was , and scrambling down the side of a slippery rock with a in a wetsuit while wearing a tank and 25 or so pounds of led around your waist usually ends with someone coming over to see if i broke something . But I have 40 years of bottles and a variety of things I've found to share so I'll concentrate on that .

Well we sure like reading of your old dives and seeing what you found!

GLASSHOPPER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu