Need a couple of commons

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking to buy a couple of common bottles for a local museum. They have given me a list of 2 right now but I imagine there will be a few more at a later date. They want a Hostetters and a Mustang Liniment. The bottles need to be of the right time period for the exhibit. The time period is from 1870 to 1880 so I need the bottles to be smooth base and applied lip. This Museum (like most) relies heavily on donations and doesn’t have a large budget so as much as I would like to see them get a black glass Hossy, just a plain ole amber will do. Lol! I will get them off ebay if need be, but I would rather buy from one of my forum buddies. If any of you have one or both of these bottles (Smooth Base, Applied Lip…. No tooled on the Hossy and no pontil scar on the Mustang Liniment) and you want to sell them, shoot me a pm and a price. Thanks, Kelley [:D]

annie44

Reaction score
Hi Kelley,
I have a Hostetter's I could donate to the cause - It's a nice one, base embossed W. McGee and Co. I think (the actual bottle is at my office right now), but I do think it has a small star on the shoulder.

I won't be in the office until next Thursday, but I could bring it home and email you pics to see if you're interested.

Only Mustang I have is a really nice pontiled version, which is a keeper for me!

Hope you and your family had a great holiday!
Cindy

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Cindy, that would be great. We are in no big hurry. Yeah, that Mustang of yours is a keeper for sure. It's a little odd going for the more common bottles, but everything needs to be historically correct. Thanks for your response. Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas too! Kelley

annie44

Reaction score
I take it none of the USA Hospital Department bottles will be going to the museum??

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Cindy lou! Don't know how I missed this last post! [:D] They want Post Civil War bottles so probably not. It would be hard for me to take one out of my collection, but I probably would if he wanted one![:D] He's one of those "GOOD" Archy's. You know...... one of those guys diggers only dislike but not really hate.[;)] Kelley

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Cindy, Just wanted to thank you so much for your Hostetter's donation! It arrived just fine and is exactly what we need. Thank you again, Kelley [:)]

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Yes sir I am. Got one you would like to sell cheap? Applied lip, smooth base? Thanks, Kelley

Road Dog

Reaction score
Mold line is halfway up the neck and hand tooled top. Is this what you want? This one may be 1880-90?

6B805A64BAEC4125AC713E31378DE462.jpg

Attachments

• 6B805A64BAEC4125AC713E31378DE462.jpg
    6B805A64BAEC4125AC713E31378DE462.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 44

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Road dog, thanks for getting back. That does look more 1890's. I think they really want one with an applied lip. I appreciate your taking the time to check for me. Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94