Need an IT guy...or gal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Every time I take my curser and try to click in the tab "reply" or " quote" a little yellow thingy pops up next to my curser and wont allow me to reply or quote. Sometimes it does and sometimes it dosnt. It does not do it on other forums I visit. This is a brand new lap top ( Toshiba Satelite) but all I know is how to turn it on....Please help!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
when you hit reply the forum application creates a popup window for the reply text.
I'm going to guess somehow your machine is set to block popups.
You need to allow them for the www.antique-bottles.net domain
You also need to allow that domain save a cookie or it wont remember your log on info

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
IE.....funny thing, it let me reply this time. I am going to go where no privycheese has gone before. I am going to attempt to figure out how to allow pop ups. Thanks so much for the help Matt.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
its very odd that it only blocks it only sometimes.
I am not an IT expert and I do not play one on television.
Maybe someone else has an idea.

It might be a worthwhile test to try and see if you get the same odd operation in firefox.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Have an IT degree. Can't find a job in it, but have a degree no less. Big mistake I make is not logging in and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. But allow pop-ups and cookies for this site.

Google Chrome is a lot faster and user friendly. Probably have less issues with it too as opposed to IE.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
John,
The application is a java translation, try this http://www.java.com/en/ and see if your computer has the latest or any version of java .Under the red button you see three choices,click do I have java. What the others said makes sense also but check your firewall settings that may have come with the PC. I believe Norton firewall is installed on these and can pose a problem also. When you are browsing with Google chrome you are still relying on the Microsoft platform to complete all of the tasks.I would try this as a test. Download the Firefox browser it is free I use it pretty much trouble free. It is much more user friendly with third party applications. The very first time you launch the program it will ask you Firefox is not your default browser would you like it to be. Just answer no this way if you do iron out the issue with windows 7 explorer you can use it also. just click The green button on the Mozilla site,a quick easy install. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
For all of you here reading this, right click on any of the aqua bordering on any of the webpages of this site that are displayed.A drop down menu will appear scroll down towards the bottom and choose ( view page source ). If any of you don't think java is an issue look at how much of the software this forum uses relies on java.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Steve, Thanks sooooooo much went loaded Firefox and so far no problems......

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp