Need help IDing two bottles and a stoneware bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Ran across these today and wondered if I should grab them or not, the bigger green bottle looks like it is an oldie, the other green one I have no clue but looks like it could be original, same with the stoneware bottle, I'm still green (no pun intended..lol) in this area, so any help would be great, the bigger green bottle is approximately 12" tall and 10" diameter, the other green one is about 10" tall and 6" in diameter. 20191231_114403.jpg20191231_114417.jpg20191231_114205.jpg20191231_114214.jpg20191231_114616.jpg20191231_114622.jpg

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
The big one looks like a midwestern swirl, but I don't think it's an original. If it was, it would be pretty valuable. If they're only asking something like 5 bucks, I'd probably grab it anyway just to make sure, then have an expert give it a look in person. The sealed shaft and globe is a repro for sure. The pottery bottle is old, but personally, I wouldn't give 30 for it.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
The big one looks like a midwestern swirl, but I don't think it's an original. If it was, it would be pretty valuable. If they're only asking something like 5 bucks, I'd probably grab it anyway just to make sure, then have an expert give it a look in person. The sealed shaft and globe is a repro for sure. The pottery bottle is old, but personally, I wouldn't give 30 for it.
Thanks for the info, I was rather bummed to see my image of the bigger bottle a bit blurry after uploading it, the blob is rather crude and hangs down some on one side, the pontil mark is also quite crude and looks like really bad break off when the rod would have been removed, no hole, just randomly sheared off which is why I'm thinking it may be the real deal.....asking price is $20.....the stoneware bottle was lowered to 24. but I think they'd still take off another 10 percent from that.

slugplate

Reaction score
Looking at the pics and judging from them only, I have some deep reservations about the swirl bottle. The stoneware may be a ginger beer but I don't believe it's worth $30... realistically, if it's mint, I'd go as high as $15 only because it's de-bossed. Unmarked ones go for about $7.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I think the swirl bottle is a modern 'Persian' production. The seal bottle is a tourist attraction repro/fantasy bottle. The stoneware beer bottle looks genuine, and value depends on the current collector market -- check eBay "completed" auctions.

nhpharm

Reaction score
None of those bottles are worth what they are asking for them in my opinion. First two are reprise for sure and last one is a run of the mill English ginger beer of which there are a million of...

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, this is why I take pictures and ask questions before buying, until I'm more informed on making a decision on the spot when I encounter such items, I'll continue to ask until then, thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu