Need help on this one!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi guys, EB & Co : Edgar Breffit & Co., Ryebread Hill (Castleford), Yorks., England, 1832-1913. Also used the following marks: B & Co Breffits, Breffits & Co, EFB, EFB & Co. Due to the long life of the company, no dates have been possible for specific variations of the several marks used. The bottles age must be judged by the technique in which the bottle was made. Reference: Julian Toulouse. Coming from across the pond, KAT may be dead on with the Scotch bottle. Hope this helps, Kelley

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Castleford also made codd's,I own one in perfect shape with marble still there.........,
but back to the question....what do I need to do next for info and what do you guys think of a value? are these rare?
Almost forgot! - Did this same company make the Hayward Military pickle?,was that a Fire Gernade or a food item?....
do you need more pics?....etc etc///

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Nice one Kelley![:D]

WhiteLighting,As this is a Yorkshire bottle go to this English forum.(You'll have to become a member)There are a number of Yorks. area diggers here and the administrator is very knowledgable and quite helpful.

http://grimdigger1.proforumhost.com/index.php?mforum=grimdigger1

Hopefully someone there can be of further help,

KAT

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Hey heres that codd,got the manafact wrong but Castleton is there,
J. Robert

Rp44832.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44832.jpg
    Rp44832.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 62

bigkitty53

Reaction score
O.K. Rich,
Post this one the U.K. site as well;looks like a recent Indian bottle with the cobalt marble,.. BUT....Looks too new,but be interesting to know the history of this one!

KAT

David E

Reaction score
Will take a shot at this. I also collect pressed (Pattern) glass, And this looks like it maybe same. Pressing machines came out in the 1820's and were in greater use in 1840 and on to 1915 (and some beyond that). The bottle being heavy would make it flint glass (leaded). Decanters are listed with patern table ware. Beleive I have even seen pricey botles listed. But this one being from the UK, it would be hard for me to say as I collect American which normally don't print date on bottoms. But some such as Heisey and Northwood did put their trademark on bottom.
Dave

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
THX all for the info,I got ahold of the PAttern MOld museam,and thier gonna give me the low down,it defintly is a pattern molded lead/flint glass as "David E." said........
I will keep you updated,also who wants to know about the codd?.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85