Need Help, rare? blue bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lelfring

Reaction score
I need some help please! I have a beautiful peacock (deep tealish/blue) colored bottle with the initials J S P on it. There is the number 3 on the bottom, and a side seam, that ends on the neck of the bottle. There are a few chips along the mouth, but nothing too bad.

The picture makes the bottle look like a dark green, but it is more blue, almost the color blue in a peacock's tail.

I am looking for some information on age, what the initials mean, and a possible value. I am also looking to sell this bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Liz

Jh16639.jpg

woody

Reaction score
Hi Liz,

You'll find some info about your bottle on this link:

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_5199/mpage_1/key_jsp/anchor/tm.htm#5208

I've dug a few over the years and they are a favorite of mine, also.
Not worth alot of money, but, it has all the characteristics of a "nice" old bottle.

Oh........ nice fingernails!!!

idigjars

Reaction score
Welcome Lelfring. Your initials stand for Joseph S Pedersen. Beer was sold in this originally. These bottles came with applied tops and tooled tops. I think yours is tooled which would be later, but would need a closeup to say for sure. Nice bottle. here are three with labels. Best regards! idigjars [:)]

Ca82401.jpg

Attachments

• Ca82401.jpg
    Ca82401.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 66

lelfring

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the link. Lots of great information. I appreciate your time, I am glad to know more about this bottle, had it for years. Thanks again, Liz

lelfring

Reaction score
Thank you idigjars, I am glad to see the bottles with the labels. and one that is the same color as mine. Thanks for your time, Liz

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi idigjars !
Are those 3 yours ?
If they are ...... I would like to say what a beautiful grouping of labeled color variants !
VERY NICE indeed !!!!
Brian

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Brian S.
Well, I sold the sapphire blue and emerald green on ebay. I still have a sapphire blue and a teal with labels. All are tough with label. I have dark greens(looks black), yellow greens, teal blues, teal greens, sapphire blue, emerald greens without labels. Take care. Idigjars [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583