Need help to identify various cylindrical bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerDon

Reaction score
Thanks for your expertise cap2.jpg
cap1.jpg
, CanadianBottles. I was admiring the photo you've sent with other bottles with their glass caps. Being new, I have never seen them before. But luckily, I did have an eye out and found one among the assorted other things in this particular dump. Unfortunately, I found two halves. and no bottle to cap.

DiggerDon

Reaction score
FYI-Side note- The Flaccus Bros. made some desirable canning jars as well, including one with an embossment error. (If memory serves, I believe they put deer antlers on a cow.) If Flaccuss made it onto the shelves with the pickles, olives, and condiments, there's a good chance of finding a canning jar too. Good luck.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. So far, nothing with antlers.

Reactions: Len

Csa

Reaction score
As stated, pickles, olives, relish, onions, peppers, etc etc. lots more varied condiments in the early-mid 1900s than today. The round or hex ones make nice stem vases if they come clean. You also likely have some Heinz bottles, check the bottom, they are usually marked Heinz with a number, which will tell you what was in it. I have about 15 diff Heinz bottles/jars. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Someone really loved his cocktail onions or olives -- garnishes. That's the common use for these cylindrical bottles. The trove may represent many, many martinis. Have you found the gin bottles?
Would they also have held capers? My relic-hunting club found many such bottles, most were six-sided.

willong

Reaction score
The Flaccus Bros. made some desirable canning jars as well, including one with an embossment error. (If memory serves, I believe they put deer antlers on a cow.)
I'd like to see that one!

Maybe it wasn't an error at all--perhaps a Flaccus brother had been traveling out west, seen a taxidermy mount of a Jackalope and decided on some one-upmanship.

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
PT Barnum is smiling--somewhere.;) ---If you ever get a chance check out his Fiji Mermaid. (Guaranteed to make you smile. :))

Last edited:

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I believe there was more than one Fiji Mermaid. (Barnum had a lot of fires. Hmmm.:rolleyes:*) His last Mermaid is under glass at his Bridgeport museum. You're right, a photo is all you need. :cool:

*- Hartford, CT aka "Insurance Capital Of the World"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac