Need help with color an RB#

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
On my monitor it looks like granny smith apple green. Others I'm sure will see something else. Digital images over the internet can never get you an accurate color.

creeper71

Reaction score
Definitely not this color granny smith apple green. thanks for posting

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Contact Greg Spurgeon he will give you an auction estimate on it. Norman Heckler also sells fruit jars and has sold items for me in the past. He sold a free blown mug for me in October and all I did was send him pictures of it. He will tell you what he thinks it will bring and you will not be expected to send it to him. He told me his estimate in an email and thanked me for my interest in his auction services. I ended up delivering the mug to him last year at the Baltimore bottle show and he was a delightful gentleman and super knowledgeable about all areas of glass. www.hecklerauction.com

creeper71

Reaction score
FitSandTic said:
Contact Greg Spurgeon he will give you an auction estimate on it. Norman Heckler also sells fruit jars and has sold items for me in the past. He sold a free blown mug for me in October and all I did was send him pictures of it. He will tell you what he thinks it will bring and you will not be expected to send it to him. He told me his estimate in an email and thanked me for my interest in his auction services. I ended up delivering the mug to him last year at the Baltimore bottle show and he was a delightful gentleman and super knowledgeable about all areas of glass. www.hecklerauction.com
Yes Norm is a awesome dude.. I should be at the baltimore show next week... I may bring there an see what he thinks... I think very very few know as much about glass as Norm if any..

MNJars

Reaction score
I'm late to the game, but I'd call it yellow/green with olive/amber swirls. I have no idea if it's listed or not, but there are TONS of color variations for most of these 1858 jars. Many are not specifically listed. Swirls add to the value listed in the base color.

creeper71

Reaction score
I emailed Norm so I know if I should take it to the show or not...

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I will be at Baltimore as well! I hope you have a safe trip and find some great bottles or jars. I collect open pontiled utility bottles and have a serious addiction to snuff jars in various sizes and colors. Last year there were tons of killer snuffs to be had and I am hoping it will be the same this year. Best of luck with your jar!

creeper71

Reaction score
FitSandTic said:
I will be at Baltimore as well! I hope you have a safe trip and find some great bottles or jars. I collect open pontiled utility bottles and have a serious addiction to snuff jars in various sizes and colors. Last year there were tons of killer snuffs to be had and I am hoping it will be the same this year. Best of luck with your jar!
Thank you for all your help an also backing my hunch it wasn't a normal color.... I to hope you find TONS of stuff for your collections..

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Let us know what details you get about it. I am curious as to whether you are keeping it or are you going to sell it? I no longer collect jars I would just like to know if I may see it in an upcoming sale!

creeper71

Reaction score
well who ever answer my email from Hecklers seems to think it's a normal light citron,but I wrote them back an told them it alot more then "citron" that it has a green tone at bottom like a apple green an it has light amber or olive swirls in very top an base of jar..waiting for there reply back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora