Need help with dating a Coke bottle all I can found is the markers mark and the city

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
NOT a '89 repro. Those are easily identified by thinner glass and a concave bottom. This is 1952 all day long. And not NDNR. This one shows lots of bottling wear.

Last edited:

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Yes CB, I wouldn't recycle cokes unless they were the newly made NDNR ones or originals with bad damage.

Jim, Cokes are worth having. I put 'em in the wooden 24 slat cases and sell those to the car/gas station crowd.

yacorie

Reaction score
Yes CB, I wouldn't recycle cokes unless they were the newly made NDNR ones or originals with bad damage.

Jim, Cokes are worth having. I put 'em in the wooden 24 slat cases and sell those to the car/gas station crowd.

I'll have to see what I still have that hasn't hit the bin yet.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Are these hobble skirt cokes worth a second look? Just wondering as I have a few and wondered if I should look through them or just recycle them which is what I normally do

Look for the ones that have the 1915 date or 1923 date right under Coca Cola, where it usually say's Patent office or 6 fluid ounces. Those older ones can be good ones. LEON.

yacorie

Reaction score
I'll keep a look out for those ones. I have a few left here that are just regular hobbleskirts and a few that are Patent D ones too but none that are 1915 or 1923

Screwtop

Reaction score
Are these hobble skirt cokes worth a second look? Just wondering as I have a few and wondered if I should look through them or just recycle them which is what I normally do

Don't do that! Folks like me love those things. Besides, in 100 years they would be more valuable don't you think?

Eric

Reaction score
I pass on the newer ones (the thinner, lighter, ACL glass of the 80s to now) But any older embossed I think are worth keeping!... I've started picking them up again...
I will buy them if they are mint-near mint... they look awesome in carriers and crates displayed by coolers and machines...
And yes some cities are rare so look them over.
It's the most iconic bottle out there... I bought 2 - 1951 St. Louis Coke bottles at the bottle show last week here in St. Louis one was $2 the other $3... though
common but they are mint. It always amazes me how a bottle that old can survive all this time without any recycle wear, chips or cracks.

Attached are some images of common bottles displayed at the Coca-Cola museum in Cedartown GA I visited last year...
Look how cool they are!!! Don't pitch them!!! Ya gotta love them!

Cedartown06.jpgCedartown06b.jpg

Eric

Reaction score
I agree Glasshopper55... folks like them for display... some like the rough grungy look along side their rusty survivor coolers, some like the mint ones to display in NOS
carriers and crates. I wouldn't throw any out that are the embossed older ones... just load up an old crate and sell the lot... I think you'd find a buyer...

Eric

Reaction score
Everyone loves pics.. here are some more older bottles in displays at the Cedartown museum.
Please don't throw away old Cokes.. they have a place.:)

Cedartown02.jpgCedartown09b.jpgCedartown24.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora