Need only 4 more dose glasses...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Hey. Going for a 50 state embossed dose glass collection and ONLY need 4 more states to be finished! Looking for Arizona, Utah, Wyoming and South Carolina. The SC is killing me, mainly because I live in GA and SC is almost within arms reach (okay, just over an hour by car via I-95). Can anyone help me out? Willing to pay top dollar for these or any other intersting embossed dose glasses.

Thanks,
Tracy

capsoda

Reaction score
Arizona, Utah, Wyoming Should have some nice rare ones. Wishin ya good luck. Want to see a group shot when you get there.

craigc90

Reaction score
That is a very nice West Virginia dose you have there. I live about 30 miles from Wheeling and I have never seen one before. Very Nice collection and good luck.

Lordbud

Reaction score
You must have paid a Pretty Penny for the Hawaiian glass. Not to mention the New Mexico Pillsbury & Walton...geez, that's a beauty and it looks to be the larger size as well. Sparkling mint.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
That's an awesome collection. How do you display them? I imagine them in a big display shaped like the US with little shelves for the glasses. That would be sweet. Very nice and good luck on the other 4.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
For some states, I only have one example in my collection. I only have one glass from WV, NM, HI and DE (although I do have an etched glass from Seaford, DE). From some states, I have many examples (PA, NY, OH, etc). I would like to upgrade my WV glass. Really want to find the one embossed... M. B. Ralston, The Rexall Store, Weston WV. Always willing to trade in order to upgrade.

Jason, the HI glass was nothing. Just had to sell a kidney to pay for it. The NM glass? ... now THAT is another story all together. [:)]

My fifty state collection is displayed in a shot glass display case (nice wooden case hangs on the wall, mirrored back and glass shelves). I only WISH that the case was in the shape of the USA!! That would be cool!

stephengray

Reaction score
Did you find the four states you were looking for yet? I know you want embossed ones but I have a etched City Drug Co. Wheatland, Wyo. dose glass in mint condition. Of course, it seems to be the only one known from there. I can send you a pic of it if you want.

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Stephen,

Thanks for asking. Actually, I am now down to needing only THREE!! I was recently offered a Wyoming dose glass from a fellow collector. It is embossed-- FERRIS-MAGHEE DRUG CO. / RAWLINS, WYO.

I found lots a great info about the store and its owner. Check out the info and a picture of the glass here...
http://www.att.net/s/community.dll?ep=24&groupID=251012&ck=

The etched glass from Wheatland, WY sounds like a nice one! It would have been tempting if I hadn't have found this embossed Rawlins glass. Thanks for the offer. Others may be interested in seeing your glass if you would want to post a picture here. I have a couple of etched glasses in my collection, but I am really going for all embossed.

So, here's what's left for me to find... Arizona, Utah and South Carolina.

Tracy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora