Need some advice about digging.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Micheih71

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this, not just the group. I am looking for some instruction and maybe someone who can come along with me and teach me a few things. I have found a dump on my property. There are soooooo many bottles jars etc. I haven't even really dug to deep yet most of what I have found in on top of soil or no more than 6 inches at most. I know there is tons more but I don't know what I am doing. I have found many things from old mason jars, tons of amber bottles, many gallon cider jugs, soda and liquer bottles, spectacles, pens, pocket watches, medicine bottles, etc... Any advice is appreciated.

Nickneff

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this, not just the group. I am looking for some instruction and maybe someone who can come along with me and teach me a few things. I have found a dump on my property. There are soooooo many bottles jars etc. I haven't even really dug to deep yet most of what I have found in on top of soil or no more than 6 inches at most. I know there is tons more but I don't know what I am doing. I have found many things from old mason jars, tons of amber bottles, many gallon cider jugs, soda and liquer bottles, spectacles, pens, pocket watches, medicine bottles, etc... Any advice is appreciated.
Yes my name is Nick I've been digging bottles for over 35 years I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have I'm not very computer savvy the best way to reach me would be from phone if you don't mind my number is 502 457 1935

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Just make posts in the forums (with pictures is best) and you will get lots of help. Also, welcome to Antique Bottles. Collect what you like. Like what you collect. Remember that bottles are just stuff. The true treasure is not bottles, but friends. Hope you acquire many. This is a good place to find them.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Yes my name is Nick I've been digging bottles for over 35 years I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have I'm not very computer savvy the best way to reach me would be from phone if you don't mind my number is 502 457 1935
Nick, you were savvy enough to make it here! Welcome to Antique Bottles. Collect what you like. Like what you collect. Remember that bottles are just stuff. The true treasure is not bottles, but friends. Hope you acquire many. This is a good place to find them.

hemihampton

Reaction score
What State are you in? Post some pics of what you found, that might help. Welcome to the site. LEON.

Micheih71

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210106_215750.jpg
    20210106_215750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 257
  • 20210106_220113.jpg
    20210106_220113.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 252
  • 20210106_220232.jpg
    20210106_220232.jpg
    806.8 KB · Views: 245

hemihampton

Reaction score
Maybe some one in New Hampshire can help you out. So far the stuff I see looks to be about 1950's stuff. Some Milks & Sodas can be good finds from those Years. Good Luck. LEON.

Nickneff

Reaction score
New Hampshire
Wow you look like you've been very busy how big is this dump. you live in New Hampshire is that correct. never been there but they tell me it's nice. I bet it's pretty cold up there right now what kind of temperature is up there right now I bet it's super cold Burr

Csa

Reaction score
Nice work!! Your stuff looks a lot like what I’ve been finding in the couple months I’ve been at it here in NJ at my 1900+ dump. Your stuff does look to be 1940s+ mostly, lots of in tact caps, I see some perfume and medicine and tonic bottles etc. the “value” in these bottles to me at least is learning what they are, when they were made and who the glass mfg were. For example, look for bottom marks of a P in a circle in a nice light green shade. These are from Pierce glass company and look great on display. Also olive jars and many food packer jars while zero monetary value, are great to use as stem vases etc. I have given away a bunch of those. Here’s my haul from October, November, happy to compare indiv notes anytime.
Happy hunting.
D44A02CE-60FC-4756-89D4-31F15432135F.jpeg
D078515D-334E-492B-BED3-A3CCC39B39A6.jpeg
three hazel atlas “
stem vases”

Fenndango

Reaction score
I'm in Bellows Falls Vermont. How are you digging bottles right now? I mostly dive for glass. Post any pictures of insulators you find, glass and porcelain! NH is a hot bed for good insulators.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu