need your advice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nickneff

Reaction score
This is no Joke where I'm from I remember a number of days where we was digging and we would hear gunfire very close to our location it's not uncommon to have two or three shootings a day that's why I carry a gun you shoot at me I will return fire that's sad world we live in but I don't let a few clowns run the circus

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
sorry, i didn't mean to impugn you. i just never thought of Garfield as rough. and the truth is that although i live nearby i can't say that i really know the town. so again my apologies
This whole state has changed. I have lived here my whole life. It has never been this bad. No respect anymore. I think about moving more recently than ever. So sad.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Traditionally botom land that couldn't be developed b/c of seasnal flooding was often used for dumping. Creeks that run near or thru graveyards are a good bet. Look for washouts, places where old debris might be entering the water.

hemihampton

Reaction score
This is no Joke where I'm from I remember a number of days where we was digging and we would hear gunfire very close to our location it's not uncommon to have two or three shootings a day that's why I carry a gun you shoot at me I will return fire that's sad world we live in but I don't let a few clowns run the circus

Sounds like your talking about where I dig, Detroit, where you see the Coroner hauling away the Dead Bodies from the Alley just before you arrive to do some Privy Digging. LEON.

Nickneff

Reaction score
Sounds like your talking about where I dig, Detroit, where you see the Coroner hauling away the Dead Bodies from the Alley just before you arrive to do some Privy Digging. LEON.
That's it are the red lights you don't stop at because you'll get robbed or shot yeah that's it

east texas terry

Reaction score
WE HAVE OF TON OF WILD HOGS THATBAD IN THE GHOST TOWN CREEK BOTTOM I HUNT THE JUDGE WORK WILL

Tony Kendzior

Reaction score
hello all
i have basically been a fossil hunter but occasionally find a bottle, mostly broken but some intact. I would like to start specifically searching for bottles. I live in a large eastern city of about 250,000 which was first settled in the 1600s. There MUST be great places to search but where? How would you suggest i get started? Do i walk the abandoned railroad lines? How can i search out where the old municipal dumps were? (especially since the libraries are closed). Any suggestions as to how to get started would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Some 50 years ago I visited Charleston, SC looking for bottles. In the old part of town there were some abandoned houses, some torn down, some simply vacant and decaying. I went to the back yards and started digging and probing in the back yard corners. I found mostly privies and brought home dozens of great bottles. There was often a brick wall going down a couple of feet. On one occasion I broke away the bottom of the wall and probed and found this bottle. I assumed it had simply been thrown there by whomever built the wall.

Attachments

• 73a-Charles-Clark.jpg
    73a-Charles-Clark.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 90
  • 73b-Charles-Clark.jpg
    73b-Charles-Clark.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 96

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads