Needing a professional local South Jersey Antiques/Sports Memorabilia Appraiser

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I recently uncovered my (God, I can't believe I'm saying this) OLD (LOL) Garbage Pail Kids Cards collection. Allot of them are probably not worth more than a dollar a piece, but I have more than a few that may be seriously worth more than just a couple of dollars. I want to sell them, but I need to have them appraised and graded by a professional before I do. Could anyone give me some info on how to find one in South Jersey?

Newtothiss

Reaction score
For card grading, these are the big 3.

PSA is probably the best (or will net you the most profit).

None are cheap, and all will likely take MONTHS!

Look at the completed sales on ebay to get an idea on relative values, and what's even worth having graded.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
O. great! thank you so much! have you used any of them before? what was your opinion of the service? thanks again!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
No. I have a few cards I was considering sending in, but the wait times are nuts! PSA prices aren't exactly cheap either.

But if I had cards to sell that were worth thousands, I'd suck it up and pull the trigger on PSA.

PSA graded cards bring in the most money compared to identical cards from other grading companies.

Some places have price breaks based on how many cards you send in.

If you got lots of cards to grade, lots of time to wait and don't need the cash immediately, PSA!

GL

Which valuable cards do you have?

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Well, I looked at the PSA website, and, yeah, they are a bit pricey. As I don't think I have but a handful of card worth any significant value (over$500), just allot of them that could amount to a significant amount, I don't think it'd be worth it. Except one or two. I have 2 Garbage Pail Kids cards that are "top pocket finds," the one is #1a "Nasty Nick," and the other is #8b "Blasted Billy." I looked on Ebay, and even the PSA site values for these cards. These are apparently the most rare cards out there and MIGHT fetch a couple of hundred. Mine are in good to near mint condition I THINK. It is these 2 cards that I really want appraised as they look the most promising. I have about 150 other cards. Most are probably worth about .50 to a dollar a piece, but it adds up! Here is a picture of them. Tell me your opinion!

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_153859.jpg
    IMG_20220830_153859.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220827_225507.jpg
    IMG_20220827_225507.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 73

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Nice. I don't know anything about these kinds of cards. But I know for cards in general, condition is everything!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Some of those sites have a grading criteria so you kinda give yourself an idea of where they may sit on the 1-10 spectrum.

GAjosh

Reaction score
Message "the gnarly toybox" on Facebook. He's a toystore owner and online auction in colorado. He'll tell you what you got. He sells a lot of GPK.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac