Nevada Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
Very good presentation, and good luck as well.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Even with my mainly California experience I know A.M. Cole bottles are very common. The one you've listed has a chip. So realistically speaking I wouldn't expect to get $39.95 for such a common bottle. I'd set the opening bid $9.95 at the most, for a damaged bottle. I am willing to bet oldtime Nevada bottle collectors have seen dozens and dozens of the A.M. Cole druggist/pharmacy bottles.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Wow I waited 10 seconds and the forum wouldn't let me edit my message. I realize you listed the opening bid at $35.99 not $39.99.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello John, A bit too high for a chipped rather common Nevada Med. Try 9.95 I think you may do better. Nice listing good info.........Andy

nhpharm

Reaction score
As a New Hampshire pharmacy bottle collector I have handled thousands of pharmacy bottles from all over the country. My suggestion is: 1. Don't make a judgment on the rarity of the bottle unless you are absolutely sure it is hard to find. Just list the bottle and let it ride on it's merits. Many pharmacy bottles are not rare but are still of interest to someone. Calling a common bottle rare may generate disgruntled buyers if they buy and then discover that it really is a common bottle.2. Damage hurts the value of the pharmacy bottle a lot unless the bottle is truly a hard one to find. 3. Small variations in the shape of a pharmacy bottle are rarely of interest to anyone but extremely hardcore collectors. Nonetheless, I would suggest providing a width and depth of the bottle as well as a height. 4. Pharmacy bottles can be shipped first class mail. This keeps the shipping costs to a minimum and makes you more money if it sells. 5. Start the auction low ($4.99-$7.99) to bring in as many interested bidders as you can. Some bottles will sell for the opening bid and some will sell for far more than you would imagine. On average it works out well and saves you from constantly relisting at lower prices. Just some comments from my perspective (all are purely my opinion).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi