New addition Tuskegee Straight Side Coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Alabama

Reaction score
Just picked this guy up at a great price! Could not turn it away. Same slug plate as the Tuskegee Coca Cola Hutch.

Attachments

• 4CD9C4C6A7A94F69BF4C72059342D7AF.jpg
    4CD9C4C6A7A94F69BF4C72059342D7AF.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 140

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Did Coke come in it? Or was it a product bottle of the Coca Cola Bottling Works?

I take note of the fact that Coca Cola is not in script, and I have been led to belive................... " that to be a 'Coke' bottle it must be in script."

Now I may be wrong.............. I was once, and it was not long ago.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
Its also my understanding block letter Cokes never held the OG product but there still seems to be a grey area with all this. Some say all the script Coca-Cola bottles held the cola but further research indicates thats not 100% true. There have been 7 oz , 8 oz straight sided Cokes with the classic script but only held soda water. The lack there of a universal standardization in the early century adds to several uncertainties.

Regardless, its a nice bottle . thanks for sharing

Alabama

Reaction score
This one did contain Coca Cola. I have seen one full with an original label the label is in poor condion, it is in the hands of a 97 year old lifetime resident of Tuskegee who got this bottle in the 1930's when he bought the first bottling plant building from the Johnson family, he found it while doing some work to the building. I have tried to buy it for several years, I think I may have a shot at it when the kids get their hands on it.
There are four variations of the tuskegee straight side coke. This is the first crown top after the hutch. one reads Bottling Works and one reads bottling Company, then in about 1914 was the first Tuskegee with the script logo it was the first "standard bottle" with a shoulder script and TUSKEGEE,AL and JMJ on the heel. And some time in 1916 a Coca Cola from Tuskegee was sold in a Bloodwine style bottle that read COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY TUSKEGEE,ALA in a slugplate with a wreath pattern. I do not have a 100% complete example od this all of mine have major problems.

Also Porters book lists a Nov. 16 1915 from Tuskegee as "U" I have personally found two.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18