New Art Deco Soda.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just got this one in the Mail Today. BLATZ Art Deco Soda. You might think this is a Prohibition Bottle but I'm pretty sure it's from the 1930's. You might think this is from Milwaukee but does not say Milwaukee anywhere on Bottle. Instead it sez Grand Rapids Michigan on the Bottom, which is good since I prefer Michigan Bottles. Leon.
P1140410.JPG
P1140411.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not a original cap. I'm looking for one though. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
It sez Val Blatz Brewing co. on the Bottle which was in Milwaukee but on the bottom it sez Grand Rapids Michigan. I know many big Breweries in the old days would have Distributors all over the Country & even other Bottlers that would bottle & sell there Products. I got Schlitz & Pabst from Michigan but not sure if or what connection Blatz had to Grand Rapids. LEON.

Donas12

Reaction score
Congrats those are great looking bottles. Strong embossed design.

RCO

Reaction score
Here's a very rare large 1936 Brewery Magazine I have that shows all the different Blatz Products. Notice the Top row has this same Bottle in many different Flavors. LEON.View attachment 222662

that's one thing we forget now days is how many different flavours they had back then , some are still produced now but some lost to time and no longer available

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not a original cap. I'm looking for one though. LEON.
Yeah I know that. There would be staining inside from evaporation. They look quite good with a cap regardless of its originality. I would be scared to recap a bottle though. Especially one looking that good. It does cause scratching to do it without a automatic bottle capper machine.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
that's one thing we forget now days is how many different flavours they had back then , some are still produced now but some lost to time and no longer available
Dr Pepper is the oldest soda still available today, first served at the 1885 Louisiana Purchase Exposition, One full year before Coca-Cola was introduced to the public.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi