New bottle collector interested in learning more.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andrewb0923

Reaction score
I found a bunch of bottles buried on a relatives property and I was wondering what is the best way to clean them and if they are worth anything.
20221018_173037.jpg
20221018_173041.jpg

HunterTheFox59

Reaction score
Welcome, Andrew! It looks like most of them are from the 1920s to 1930s. Filling the bottles with BBs or cat litter is a good way of getting all the dirt out, and then Toilet bowl cleaner can be used to remove rust stains or stuck grime.

andrewb0923

Reaction score
Thank you for the information I will definitely try to clean them better

Johnny M

Reaction score
Thank you for the information I will definitely try to clean them better
Good advice from the Fox. While the bottles are generally not old enough to be worth mega bucks just remember that trinkets can be super sought after. Remember to scoop up loose marbles and other odd items such as a toy wheel, metal toy car frame , doll leg or head etc can prove to be a real goodie even from somewhat later dumps. You can even spot coins, old celluloid advertising ,badges, and the like too. Even car parts can prove valuable like lenses, emblems, etc. Remember to scout the whole area well as often dumping grounds were used for many years, even by neighbors with older homes if the dump site was chosen because its a big ditch, swampy area, etc. Glad to see a newbie in the hobby. I've been at it 50 years and its a way of life after awhile and becomes a very fulfilling pastime. Johnny M.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Are they worth anything you ask? Depends, Do they have any names on them. If so may be worth something, If no name slicks most likely will have very little value. Just my opinion. others may vary. LEON.

andrewb0923

Reaction score
Are they worth anything you ask? Depends, Do they have any names on them. If so may be worth something, If no name slicks most likely will have very little value. Just my opinion. others may vary. LEON.
Thank you for your reply

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu