New bottle finds, what can you tell me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jeffsteph803

Reaction score
I intend on keeping the bottle. I have a small collection. Below are two bottles that I’ve had for a while. Thank you for your input.

Attachments

• A8BC26F6-23CE-4EBD-8EAA-2BDE4D540D32.jpeg
    A8BC26F6-23CE-4EBD-8EAA-2BDE4D540D32.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • 02A94E34-8F22-4848-BB55-DBAD2270BFD1.jpeg
    02A94E34-8F22-4848-BB55-DBAD2270BFD1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124

Mjbottle

Reaction score
You ask this question very casually. I am assuming you mean a monetary value, which is usually the case for folks who ask this question and not its historical value. A bottle can have both and will always have a level of historical value, which is not attached to a monetary value. I think you have gotten no answers so far in this forum thread because value is subjective matter.

If you need the money and are wanting to sell it throw it on feebay. Start it at a buck and see where it goes, it will sell.

If you are keeping it then monetary value is irrelevant and the historical value may be of greater interest.

There used to be a lot of collectors of embossed Pepsi bottles, there still seems to be several, I USED TO BE one, but since I no longer collect them, I am a bit unsure what the demand is, demand I believe is the better question. In my experience currently demand for North Carolina bottles seems to be pretty decent as there are many NC bottle collectors, but value is always subjective because of the willingness of individuals to spend money on a bottle. A few question we may never now is HOW DEEP are their pocketbooks? and how willing are they to part with their hard earned cash?

For instance using your Pepsi bottle as the example. Imagine there are three collectors A, B, and C who want the bottle and the rest of the alphabet (D-Z) may or may not want it for all kinds of reasons. Let's say collector A has one of these bottles, but yours is nicer than their example, but since they have one already are only willing to spend $15. Collector B collects Pepsi bottles and really would like to have it and is willing to spend up to $150 on it... but they're not going to tell you that. Collector C wants it and money is no object... but again they're not going to reveal this to you. The rest of the collectors (D-Z) are comprised of people who have absolutely no interest in the bottle, or maybe know what they could sell it for & want to acquire it only to make a buck for themselves, or maybe a collector who only trades and has no willingness to spend cash to acquire bottles; the variables are unending. The rub is finding the collector who is willing to buy. Sometimes this is easy and at other times not so easy if not impossible.

My thoughts on your Pepsi bottle are that it is a good one. I believe that there are collectors out there who want it. If I had found this bottle I would keep it. I would estimate a value $30-100, which is just my opinion using my experience. It could be more it could be less... who knows. It is totally subjective. You need experience and that only comes with time spent collecting and making friends.

My advice to all collectors: Collect what you like, Like what you collect. The longer you collect the more experience you will gain. Collect friends along the way, treasure those friendships and remember that bottles are just stuff and in all actuality are basically a utilitarian vessel made for containing stuff and outside of that bottles have no inherent value to the vast majority of people living in this world. Only bottle collectors create a value/demand for bottles. The true treasure of collecting is the people who collect. If a person can't see the social aspect of collecting they can easily become something ugly and need to do themselves and others a favor by walking away... and do something else.
Some of the most selfish, unpleasant and bitter people/collectors I know have no interest in other people/collectors.
Some of the best people I know... they collect bottles.
Very well said uncle bruce... 100%

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Picked up some bottles at an auction. Can y’all tell me anything about them? I’m about to retire from the Air Force and picking up the hobby again. I’m curious to know the values as well. See if I paid too much.
Someone will buy that pepsi for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado