New Brunswick - Assorted ACLs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
also found this one had forgot about it says I saved it in 2017 , but was right about there being a bottler in Miramichi , in fact it appears they operated there for some time .

it was called " Cassidy ginger ale works " or Cassidys Beverages ltd "
bottle says " chatham NB " but google says its part of miramichi NB

is a long write up about there history on NB archives , so I assume there is other bottles from them if they operated so long

s-l200.jpg

cassidysbevNB.jpg
cassidysbevNB.jpg
cassidysbevNB1.jpg
cassidysbevNB1.jpg

Donas12

Reaction score
also found this one had forgot about it says I saved it in 2017 , but was right about there being a bottler in Miramichi , in fact it appears they operated there for some time .

it was called " Cassidy ginger ale works " or Cassidys Beverages ltd "
bottle says " chatham NB " but google says its part of miramichi NB

is a long write up about there history on NB archives , so I assume there is other bottles from them if they operated so long

View attachment 218553

View attachment 218551View attachment 218551View attachment 218552View attachment 218552
Great info find. It always amazes me how deep the roots that some of these small town bottlers went back over the years. That’s what I find so interesting.

Donas12

Reaction score
Here’s a couple of early 20s Sussex NB ones I have. 787B7B37-D8DA-415A-8C04-A50F454A24D0.jpeg

Reactions: RCO

RCO

Reaction score
Great info find. It always amazes me how deep the roots that some of these small town bottlers went back over the years. That’s what I find so interesting.

found some more pictures online , they had several other bottles , 30 oz and clear and green 7 oz bottle

cassidysbeveragesNB1.jpg
cassidysbeveragesNBgreen.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the same site/poster also had a couple other NB bottles

one was for " Palm Beverages " and I looked thru my photo's and realised I had one there , back says " Kings County Beverages - sussex NB "

also a bottle for " city beverages " he didn't say where its from ? but may be related to one of the bottlers already mentioned like from a French area of NB

palmbeveragesNB.jpg
palmbeveragesNB1.jpg
palmbeveragesNB.jpg
citybeveragesNB.jpg
citybeveragesNB.jpg

Donas12

Reaction score
the same site/poster also had a couple other NB bottles

one was for " Palm Beverages " and I looked thru my photo's and realised I had one there , back says " Kings County Beverages - sussex NB "

also a bottle for " city beverages " he didn't say where its from ? but may be related to one of the bottlers already mentioned like from a French area of NB

View attachment 218567View attachment 218569View attachment 218568View attachment 218570View attachment 218570
Good stuff! Never seen any of these before.

RCO

Reaction score
Good stuff! Never seen any of these before.

think the city beverages might be related to the Restigouche Beverages somehow ? it looks similar although Campbellton seems small to be considered a city ? so I'm not sure where in NB it be from exactly

RCO

Reaction score
there was also a bottler in Bathurst NB as I had suspected , a lot of the information came from a Bathurst NB facebook group but a lot of people there seemed to remember this bottler and indicated they operated during the 40's > 60's but maybe earlier ?

they wrote that C & S Beverages was actually " Cormier and Sons " but also called " Cormier and Scott " . as for the acl design , obviously no polar bears in NB but the arctic theme seems to be popular out east. the green one would be a consumers glass bottle design which was used all over Canada

and also bottled major brands like coca cola , I would highly suspect there is some older embossed bottles from this bottler .

population of Bathurst NB is around 12,000 today but actually peaked at around 17,000 in 1971 , so its one of those places which used to be bigger and had more people . so makes sense that it had a bottler back then . it was also incorporated as a city in 1966 , makes me wonder if the city beverage bottle is from there too ?

CSbeverages-bathurstNB.jpg
CSbeverages-bathurstNB.jpg
CSbeverages-bathurstNB1.png
CSbeverages-bathurstNB1.png
CSbeverages-bathurstNB2.png

Donas12

Reaction score
there was also a bottler in Bathurst NB as I had suspected , a lot of the information came from a Bathurst NB facebook group but a lot of people there seemed to remember this bottler and indicated they operated during the 40's > 60's but maybe earlier ?

they wrote that C & S Beverages was actually " Cormier and Sons " but also called " Cormier and Scott " . as for the acl design , obviously no polar bears in NB but the arctic theme seems to be popular out east. the green one would be a consumers glass bottle design which was used all over Canada

and also bottled major brands like coca cola , I would highly suspect there is some older embossed bottles from this bottler .

population of Bathurst NB is around 12,000 today but actually peaked at around 17,000 in 1971 , so its one of those places which used to be bigger and had more people . so makes sense that it had a bottler back then . it was also incorporated as a city in 1966 , makes me wonder if the city beverage bottle is from there too ?

View attachment 218601View attachment 218601View attachment 218602View attachment 218602View attachment 218603
That’s some good digging around RCO for all these acls that you’ve posted. Haven’t seen a lot of them before.
Always liked the polar bears on the bottles. It’s so Canadian!
Have seen them used for some Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec and now New Brunswick bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
That’s some good digging around RCO for all these acls that you’ve posted. Haven’t seen a lot of them before.
Always liked the polar bears on the bottles. It’s so Canadian!
Have seen them used for some Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec and now New Brunswick bottles.

I hadn't seen the Bathurst bottles before at least I don't recall them if I did .

not sure if there is any other NB acl's left to post ? pretty much covered every major town and city , if there is anything else its really short lived and smaller scale

do think there is other embossed bottles though cause I don't have pictures of a lot of the embossed bottles used there during 20's > 40's era , a lot of bottlers on east coast also used paper labels so that might be why some are hard to find info on

did find this picture in my bottle pictures , I didn't save one of the back though but its saved under the name " Kik - Moncton " and pretty sure if was from ebay but would seem to indicate Kik was being bottled in Moncton NB at some point

kik-moncton.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown