New- cobalt Riddle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
I don't like a cloudy bottle and am usually one to advocate to tumble those. I wouldn't clean this one. It looks great to me.

Jim G
I am the type of collector that likes my bottles nice and clean. However, this one I've decided not to tumble.
opmusatrd

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Probably a $150- $200 bottle. Stunningly beautiful. Don’t tumble it. Remember: A tumbled bottle can never be a mint bottle. This bottle is very close to mint.

opmustard

Reaction score
I disagree. Atleast double that.
Have been offered $450.00 awhile ago from a fellow pontiled soda friend/collector. I don't' think that most Riddles are very rare, but I have three more different colored pontiled ones. So this cobalt fit in nicely with the other Riddles. Do have a very light yellow Riddle that was dug from the same privy, but its condition isn't that good. It would clean up nicely but it has a minor crack in the lip.
I can't remember if Riddles were ever that hard to find. Recently, I was really bored, so I looked at Ebay and they had a green pontiled dug Riddle up for auction. It looked like it would clean up nicely. Think it sold around $60.00 or less.
Thanks for the compliments about my bottle.
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Like you green Riddles bottles, I have seen a few. Cobalt ones not so often. I love the fancy R.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
Like you green Riddles bottles, I have seen a few. Cobalt ones not so often. I love the fancy R.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
O.K. its not just my lousy memory about the cobalt Riddles. I got very lucky on my dug cobalt Riddle. All the rest of them weren't , well they need/ed some sort of work to make them look good. I forgot that I that came also have a very light amber Riddle that came from the same privy. Most of the pontiled sodas were Riddles, named that privy the Riddle privy.
Love the fancy "R" as well.
I don't look at Ebay that much anymore and I don't buy from them (that much.) If I know the seller, I'll go for the bottle. There some good trustworthy sellers on Ebay. However, this seller doesn't accept returns is a show stopper and the only real description are the posted photos, forget it.
opmustard

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado