New Digger In Maine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mac2469

Reaction score
Hi New Digger here in Maine Oxford County. Just started digging on my property coming up with all kinds of old bottles, Metal rim wood spoked wheels and early 1900 auto parts like doors and such. Have no idea if any of this stuff is worth anything and would like to know the best way for me to learn about it. And what books you all would think would be best for a new comer.

vtspring

Reaction score
HEY NEW DIGGER,CAN YOU POST SOME PICTURES OF THE BOTTLES YOU HAVE FOUND? I HAVE HEARD OF SOME NICE BOTTLES COMING OUT OF AREAS THAT HAD OLD CAR PARTS IN THEM.I KNOW OF A DRAKES PLANTATION BITTERS BEING FOUND UNDER AN OLD CAR DOOR ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO(NOW WORTH ABOUT $100 +-).I JUST STARTED DIGGING AGAIN AFTER A 5 YEAR ABSENCE.AND I AM STARTING TO REMEMBER THAT EXCITEMENT WHEN YOU DIG SOMETHING AND FIND OUT IT IS WORTH SOMETHING.ALSO THAT PRE DIG JITTERS,IT IS 4;45AM MY TIME AND I AM WIDE AWAKE WAITING TO WAKE UP MY 9YO SON AND 11YO DAUGHTER TO BRING THEM ON THERE SECOND DIG EVER!(THERE FIRST DIG 2 WEEKS AGO TURNED UP 2 VERY COMMON 1920S SCREW CAP BOTTLES)THE GROUND WAS STILL FROZEN HERE IN VERMONT.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown