New Display Cabinet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
Good looking display cabinet, shows off your dug bottles very well.
Well, fill this one up and you'll probably want more display cabinets.
Its nice to be able to look at the bottles YOU have dug. Something special about dug bottles.
opmustard

matthew lucier

Reaction score
So... Who's the fellow standing in the back ground with the leather bracelet and shorts. That's an awesome display case did you build it? I'm asking because it really shows off your collection.

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
View attachment 214709
Got a new main display case. Think it looks alright, will probably rearrange some stuff. Everything in it is dug by yours truly except for one bottle.

View attachment 214710
All of my Long Island blobs. Lots of my locals are unfortunately broken. Theres a P. L. Conlon aqua base I took out for the picture thats usually in there. Nobody's found one of those whole, so I figure the base alone is worth displaying. Definitely gotta fill out this shelf a bit more.

View attachment 214711
Plain strapsides in the back, some hutches and my lone squat and ten pin in the front. Also some common medicines and flavorings (the square bottle on the right is a little hard to find; Cooks Marjoram Cream). The semi blob to the left of the ten pin is the one I didn't dig. Its a rare unlisted Patchogue bottle

View attachment 214712
My large whiskeys plus my only quart blob (plus some sample paul jones'). Probably my favorite shelf.
View attachment 214713
The bottom section; theres a general food shelf above and some dinged NYC blobs + a bunch of crowns below.

Thanks for reading!
Beautiful display

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Never been good at taking pictures of mirrors. Didn't build it, got it for 50 bucks
Well, your pretty good at being an honest person. Lots of people would have gotten mad and said, this, that or the other. You admitted we make mistakes and even answered my question. Shows your character. Thanks, Mr. Bottles_Inc. $50. Bucks? Awesome.. you are the man.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
My large whiskeys
Hey there Bottles_inc, that Charles & Co. whiskey looks really familiar.... does it have a small 3/8"- 1/2" still intact hit on the beveled corner near the York embossing from New York? I dug one of these beauties in Yonkers NY in 1995-96. It had a lot of mineral iridescence staining, and the small impact that remained in place. It was nicely crude and whittled with the applied lip and surprising smooth base bc it looks like it should be pontiled. I had Tom Leavey of North Jersey perform an acid clean, instead of a tumble clean because of the (mostly intact) hit. I then sold it, in the 2000's (definitely after 2004 or 2005, I can't remember clearly, if it was sold at a show or on ebay....)
LOL, of course soon after selling, I had sellers remorse... When I dug the Charles, I also dug an I Goldberg and a HB Kirk....
ahhhh memories...how-ever dim and blurry.. LOL (fortunately.. I prolly have pics, less blurry than my memory)
~Fred

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Hey there Bottles_inc, that Charles & Co. whiskey looks really familiar.... does it have a small 3/8"- 1/2" still intact hit on the beveled corner near the York embossing from New York? I dug one of these beauties in Yonkers NY in 1995-96. It had a lot of mineral iridescence staining, and the small impact that remained in place. It was nicely crude and whittled with the applied lip and surprising smooth base bc it looks like it should be pontiled. I had Tom Leavey of North Jersey perform an acid clean, instead of a tumble clean because of the (mostly intact) hit. I then sold it, in the 2000's (definitely after 2004 or 2005, I can't remember clearly, if it was sold at a show or on ebay....)
LOL, of course soon after selling, I had sellers remorse... When I dug the Charles, I also dug an I Goldberg and a HB Kirk....
ahhhh memories...how-ever dim and blurry.. LOL (fortunately.. I prolly have pics, less blurry than my memory)
~Fred
I dug this bottle around 10 feet deep, so unless it teleported, I think its a different one. Lol. Do you remember what you sold it for? I've been looking to buy another one, but I haven't been able to find one, even just a picture. It's a fantastic bottle and has really sparked an interest in square N.Y. whiskeys for me, although it doesn't seem like there's too many of them floating around.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I qc
~Fred
Forgot to mention, I actually dug some HB kirks with this bottle too! They're in the back of the whiskey cabinet, not sure if you saw them in the picture.

Attachments

• 20201226_160538.jpg
    20201226_160538.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp