New ebay question from buyer scam

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There is a new phishing scam to be aware of. You get an email that appears to be through ebay from a buyer asking shipping cost for an auction item. If you select 'respond to buyer' it will direct you to a fake ebay log in. Its easy to verify if the email is fake just by verifying that the item number isnt one you are selling. I think this is directed mostly towards people that sell a LOT of items. One thing that troubles me is a lot of scam artists seem to have people's ebay user names and matching emails. Seems like some lax security on the part of ebay.

earlyglass

Reaction score
I know there has been a few threads regarding these scams, and some of us have been battling these issues for years, now it seems to be a daily nuisance. However, the scammers seem to getting very creative. One safe way to check to see if your Ebay messages are legitimate is to go into your own Ebay summary page. This area will show ALL messages that have come through the Ebay domain. So, my suggestion would be to keep any initial interactions with Ebayers within the Ebay environment. Good luck and always be cautious!

Thank you very much Matt for the update!

Mike

capsoda

Reaction score
When ever there is a new Ebay or PayPal scam I seem to get a copy. I have two mail accounts, one I doe my Ebay and PayPal business out of and the other is a common outlook account. The scams always show up in the outlook account so I told the wifey never to answer any of them no mater what.

Well I did answer one. Had my brother tag his address and I sent them a personal invite to meet me and my two brothers anywhere they want. Funny, the address was closed and they never answered back.[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu