New guy here - excited to collect bottles, just need some steering

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I would recommend against starting with labeled bottles. It can be hard to authenticate labels even for experts.
If you do want to collect labeled bottles you should start with ones where the embossing on the bottle matches the label.
That gives you a better chance.

Narcotic bottles are tough to collect. There is a lot of fake stuff and prices are all over the place. Too many drug dealers buying the bottles.

If you want to collect medicines I would say start with either embossed cures or early pontil marked medicines. Both have affordable examples and they tend to hold their values.

If you are looking to collect for investment. Don't collect bottles. There are lots of other things that appreciate better.

If you see something you aren't sure about , post it here and there are numerous people who can give you an opinion.

Go to a bottle show near you and look at a lot of authentic bottles close up, handle them. You will get a feel for what's what.

good luck.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So insane99ss - if you want some help - send me an email and I can send you an old newbie blurp that I have put together for ones reading. It tells you some things that will help you keep and/or know bottles that should have some valur. I have never collected bottles for value. I( collected them to learn how to let them tell me how they were made. I have collected hundreds of different glass made items, and now I am sure I have over a thousand items - from glass writing pens - to glass canes - to bottles (from carboys ti a little Coca Cola that is only an inch and a quarter high). My homepage will tell you some of my activities.
http:www.bottlemysteries.com/welcome RED Matthews

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: inssane99ss

Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot, I didn't see a scams and fraud section...?
SCAMS and FRAUDS, near the bottom of the page....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado