New guy here looking for seltzer bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

loki993

Reaction score
Hi just here to introduce myself. I was wandering through an antique shop and stumbled across an old Sparklets seltzer bottle that I really like. Heres the thing though I know nothing about them. It also seems that finding info on them on the internet is difficult. So basically what I'm looking for is general valuation. Also Id like to know if this thing can be used.

They say its from the 1930s and they're asking 38 for it. It has some patina but it doesn't seem too bad, It could probably use a cleaning but it does look pretty clean anyway. All the parts seem to be there, the rubber seal seems to be in good shape and the glass siphon is in good shape. I didn't see any cracks or chips in the bottle either.
Does the price seem fair? Should I try to talk them down a bit? It definitely not in mint condition, I don't think, but I also really don't know.

If I were to use it things Id be worried about are obviously pressure. IF its from the 30s its 80 or so years old. I'm not sure how much pressure c02 generates but still. Also lead would worry me, did the use lead when making these?

epackage

Reaction score
Then can be used and if you go to E-Bay you will find alot of them, current or completed auctions...Welcome to the forum...Jim

Here's a link to a page full of what recently sold, so the value is really up to you...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
They*...

sorry here's the link...UGH[:-]

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sop=10&_sticky=1&_trkparms=65%253A3%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&_sacat=39491&_nkw=sparklets&_sc=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

Welcome to the A-BN. Thanks for telling us of your prospective find.

It's most difficult to advise you on the unseen seltzer. Are we talking Sparklets or

sparkletts-seltzer-spritzer-this-is-the-spritzer-that-makes-sparkletts-seltzer-spritz-73760637.jpg
From.

Is the glass bottle etched, made in Czechoslovakia, wire bound, etc? I believe these were made for quite some time, so perhaps more information or photos are in order...

People ask Varying amounts for these, sometimes wildly varying...

ggg7765.jpg
From.

loki993

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

ORIGINAL: epackage

They*...

sorry here's the link...UGH[:-]

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sop=10&_sticky=1&_trkparms=65%253A3%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&_sacat=39491&_nkw=sparklets&_sc=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Thanks for that. Value seems to be in the range, may a tich high.
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to the A-BN. Thanks for telling us of your prospective find.

It's most difficult to advise you on the unseen seltzer. Are we talking Sparklets or

sparkletts-seltzer-spritzer-this-is-the-spritzer-that-makes-sparkletts-seltzer-spritz-73760637.jpg
From.

Is the glass bottle etched, made in Czechoslovakia, wire bound, etc? I believe these were made for quite some time, so perhaps more information or photos are in order...

People ask Varying amounts for these, sometimes wildly varying...

ggg7765.jpg
From.

Its the mesh lined one. I dont know where it was made, Id have to look again at it.

I only took 2 pics of it and they're of the stamps so I could research the brand to get more info.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause