New here from NW GA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Psrumors

Reaction score
The family and I live in Cartersville,GA which is about a hour north west of Atlanta. The wife has several old soda bottles (ACL & embossed) but nothing of any real value as best we can tell. This week while hitting various antique shops I came across three milk bottles (two embossed & one pyro) that caught my eye and now, well we are looking for more milk bottles. Looks like we will focus mainly on pyro glazed with farm scenes or specifically chocolate milk.

I am curious if there is a GA bottle club or if there are ever any shows in the Atlanta area. I have a desk fan collection and love shows. Right now we hit as many fan shows and old iron shows as we can, would love to add bottle shows to the rotation.

The pyro glazed bottle isn't in the best of shape but it is from a Gibson Dairy, Gibson is our last name and for $2 I figured what the heck. Due to its condition I didn't take a picture.

5/8 of a pint North Yarmouth - looking around the 5/8 of a pint size seems to be uncommon, is that so?

[Image]https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/psrumors/Bottles/Milk/IMG_4051_zps54f53c32.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_4050_zpscf836932.jpg

Absolutely Pure Milk - seems to be common but has a great scene

IMG_4052_zpsd361526b.jpg

IMG_4053_zps5b1cc1f8.jpg

One of my fans - 1915 GE

IMG_3094.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Put your codes between
so they will show,
don't work here, welcome to the forum.... Jim

IMG_4051_zps54f53c32.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
I think the Absolutely Pure Milk is a repro...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, love that fan!!! I'll never buy a new piece of crap again because they die in a season. I've got an old Banner that keeps chugging along although it's getting annoying loud now and the oscillator quit 15 years ago.
The "absolutely pure" is more of a modern decorator piece.
5/8 is an odd size, I've seen quite a few marked 10 Oz .. I'll have to look up the dairy. I think I have a Maine dairy book here somewhere. I'll see what I can find.

Psrumors

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I think the Absolutely Pure Milk is a repro...

I figured it might be as it is too clean, and for $6 the wife is happy.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Cartersville, I help put in the CATV system in in the early 1980s..........81 or 82.

Had to hook every pole there, trucks did'nt cut it there.

Bottle shows near ya, June 8 http://www.antiquebottles.com/shows.html .

Ever been to Darryl Hudsons fan show in Aiken, S.C. or seen his collection?

He's right down the road from me, biggest fan show in the nation, and one impressive collection he has.............................he's even got a few bottles. A really good guy, and he knows his stuff.

http://www.hudsonscustommachining.com/

2find4me

Reaction score
I hear those GE fans bring good money. I have a few antique fans.

rmckin

Reaction score
Hi,
Love the ole fan! I have one similar.... how do you date them?? Mine came from my Great Aunt after She passed. My Cousin had it in the garbage and I just happened by... It still works great.
Thanks
Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp