New Liberty Soda W. Co. Hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Wassup guys. I went to the Hawaii Collector's Expo Yesterday and one of the vendors gave me this hutch free-99. No idea what it is or how much it's worth. I looked it up on hutchbook but I was not satisfied with the amount of detail on there. My example does not appear to have any big chips or anything but it's kind of hard to tell because of its uncleanliness. Any ideas on what it's worth as well as on how to best clean it? Sorry fo the junk photo, I was in a rush to get outta the house.

Attachments

• PXL_20230226_180436830.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230226_180436830.MP.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 83

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wassup guys. I went to the Hawaii Collector's Expo Yesterday and one of the vendors gave me this hutch free-99. No idea what it is or how much it's worth. I looked it up on hutchbook but I was not satisfied with the amount of detail on there. My example does not appear to have any big chips or anything but it's kind of hard to tell because of its uncleanliness. Any ideas on what it's worth as well as on how to best clean it? Sorry fo the junk photo, I was in a rush to get outta the house.

you say you have no idea what it is but then say it's a new liberty Hutch. That's what it is. You say free but then say -99. what does that mean? you say not satisfied with detail on hutch book, what detail you looking for? the S means it's considered Scarce. They are not going to give you a Price, now adays that seems impossible since everything varies so much. As for Cleaning, Sure I know a good way to clean it. Have it Tumbled Clean in a Tumbler, that will work best & clean it best. Nice find, Congrats. LEON.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
you say you have no idea what it is but then say it's a new liberty Hutch. That's what it is. You say free but then say -99. what does that mean? you say not satisfied with detail on hutch book, what detail you looking for? the S means it's considered Scarce. They are not going to give you a Price, now adays that seems impossible since everything varies so much. As for Cleaning, Sure I know a good way to clean it. Have it Tumbled Clean in a Tumbler, that will work best & clean it best. Nice find, Congrats. LEON.
Oh so that's what the s stands for. My apologies, I'm still getting a feel for bottle collecting. I should've been more specific, Id like to know more about the history of the company. Also, I haven't really a clue about the rarity scale when it comes to bottles. As well as dat, free-99 is my local way of just saying "free". I dunno, I guess I should write more like proper English instead of pidgin English. Thanks for the advice!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a great bottle to get for free! Any pictorial western Hutch will have plenty of collector interest. The dirt on the inside might come out with a good soak in water and a bottle brush, but like Leon says you'll have to tumble it to get it looking nice and sparkly since most of the cloudiness is damage to the glass rather than dirt.

And personally I'm always interested to hear people's local dialects, though I admit I also had no idea what "free-99" meant.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown