New member finding lots of neat older bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jimmydean56

Reaction score
Congrats on joining our group of bottle hounds! Finding them is half the fun! You can dig for bottles but I would suggest you use a metal rake and smaller shovel for your digging. To big of a shovel and you can break the glass. Until you start digging deeper holes ,say in an outhouse or deeper trash pit, I would stick the the slow and steady method. Good luck!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
So it sounds like people dig in these areas to find the bottles? Like take a shovel and really dig? All of these bottles were found laying on the top of the ground or maybe partially covered just due to time. Obviously consolidated areas of trash. We found the household ones on the back line of a rather large property and the alcohol ones in clusters around trees. Must have been some good times back when.
Anyway from reading some other threads it sounds like it may be worth actually digging where we are finding these bottles?
YES, They dig dumps. Leon.
chrisinhelldump.JPG
grocerystoreinhelldumpfrankenmuth.JPG
cactuscooler.JPG
Hole.JPG

Mailman1960

Reaction score
So it sounds like people dig in these areas to find the bottles? Like take a shovel and really dig? All of these bottles were found laying on the top of the ground or maybe partially covered just due to time. Obviously consolidated areas of trash. We found the household ones on the back line of a rather large property and the alcohol ones in clusters around trees. Must have been some good times back when.
Anyway from reading some other threads it sounds like it may be worth actually digging where we are finding these bottles?

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I can dig it, can you. Will dig anywhere that has potential.
Dig deep than dig deeper.

GIDDY UP!!!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi