New member from Maine, Old bottle from "who knows where".

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ccaissie

Reaction score
I supplied a bottle collector in Hallowell, Maine, with dig items one year, and have come across old glass over the decades. Recently I have found what appears to be an old Etched Vinegar bottle/Cruet and for the life of me cannot get an i.d., or even anything like it.

I attach photos. The bottle is 6.75" high, 2.75" at the base, clear white glass, some bubbles, no mold marks, but there are fine striations around the bottle...suspect it was spun againsta a hunk of wood while soft to finish. It has a very thick bottom with the punt mark, and a pewter or other metal cap...one part is bonded to the bottle, the tapered nozzle unscrews from that. There is a very sweet etching of leaves and a triangular central figure with a small "nondenominational. cross on the top.

Would someone point me to a possibe source of i.d. I did not find it in any large image cache in the bottle archives....

Attachments

• IMG_5373.JPG
    IMG_5373.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5374.JPG
    IMG_5374.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 92

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, please post questions in the appropriate sections.

ccaissie

Reaction score
Welcome, please post questions in the appropriate sections.
I'm new, and did ask how where to get info.
So, help me and please guide me to the proper place to post my questions.

willong

Reaction score
I'm new, and did ask how where to get info.
So, help me and please guide me to the proper place to post my questions.
Hi,

Welcome to the site!

For that item, What is it? Antique Bottles BEFORE 1900 would likely be the most appropriate forum. (You can click on "FORUMS" at top of page to see a drop-down menu of options, which also includes "pontils only," general chat and such.

I don't think there is any restriction on posting to multiple forums if they are applicable to your item and/or question.

Good luck on your quest.

WL

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum