Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

New Site, Mixed Bag

RelicRaker

Mar 13, 2017
A little variety...
Wrght Bros - Mrs Winslowa - MoM.jpg
L: Wright Bros. P[FONT=&quot]ond [/FONT]Lily-Wash
C: Unembossed olive oil (w/ deep kick up)
R: Phillips MoM, base embossed only
F: Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup

The Mrs. Winsl
[FONT=&quot]ow's
[/FONT]
Mrs Winslows.jpg

[FONT=&quot]The Wright Br[/FONT][FONT=&quot]os.
[/FONT]
Wright Bros.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I'm guessing 1880s [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on these last tw[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
I like that Wright Bros bottle, never seen that one before. Looks fairly early too, I'd guess more like 1870s on that one. Mixed bag indeed!

RelicRaker

Mar 13, 2017
I like that Wright Bros bottle, never seen that one before. Looks fairly early too, I'd guess more like 1870s on that one. Mixed bag indeed!
I was surprised to see it complete. Most of the big stuff was broken. 1870s would be fine with me!

treasurekidd

Sep 25, 2005
Warwick, RI
That Wright Bros is a nice bottle. I found one that sold at a Heckler auction for $117, with original label. Here is a link to an 1879 article about a trade mark legal battle over the name "Pond Lily Wash". Apparently it was a toilet wash product. Nice find!

https://books.google.com/books?id=IRJLAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA969&lpg=PA969&dq=Wright+Bros.+Pond+Lily-Wash&source=bl&ots=QTJ_O6GzQ6&sig=3icN-g1-aoT5HoVWaaMh58Oq4rs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjjl-Pz8tzfAhVL-lQKHSsfDfwQ6AEwEnoECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=Wright Bros. Pond Lily-Wash&f=false

RelicRaker

Mar 13, 2017
Thx treasurekidd. I wish the soil here wasn't so corrosive to paper—would love to find even a partial label on a bottle.

RelicRaker

Mar 13, 2017
And thanks to warf rat and Glasshoppers! Yeah, the embossing on the Wright Bros is really nice. Here's the other embossed panel...
Wright Bros 2.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boondocker