New Straight Side Coke | Crossed another one off the set

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just a little backstory: I have been in an online group chat of antique collectors for a few years now, and I recently decided to complete a set of Coke bottles consisting of one from each person's town (or nearby if no town available).

So here's one I bought on eBay the other night. It's a Straight side Coke, Center Script from Evansville, Indiana. Got it for $15+10 = $25 shipped. Unfortunately it doesn't have anything resembling a date code, so I have to assume it was made from 1900-1910.

As far as condition, the biggest thing it has going against it is a small chip on the crown (visible in pic). This really doesn't bother me too much especially since it's on the back of the bottle. Also has some case wear on the back and Coca Cola label. There is a little bit of glass sickness but it's hardly noticeable.

Either way I still love having it on the display; very happy to have a center script bottle to represent out member from Indiana. I am actually waiting on two more local straight side bottles to come in the mail so I will post those once they arrive.

Sorry if the post was wordy lol. Here's the bottle.

IND.00.Evansville.png

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just a little backstory: I have been in an online group chat of antique collectors for a few years now, and I recently decided to complete a set of Coke bottles consisting of one from each person's town (or nearby if no town available).

So here's one I bought on eBay the other night. It's a Straight side Coke, Center Script from Evansville, Indiana. Got it for $15+10 = $25 shipped. Unfortunately it doesn't have anything resembling a date code, so I have to assume it was made from 1900-1910.

As far as condition, the biggest thing it has going against it is a small chip on the crown (visible in pic). This really doesn't bother me too much especially since it's on the back of the bottle. Also has some case wear on the back and Coca Cola label. There is a little bit of glass sickness but it's hardly noticeable.

Either way I still love having it on the display; very happy to have a center script bottle to represent out member from Indiana. I am actually waiting on two more local straight side bottles to come in the mail so I will post those once they arrive.

Sorry if the post was wordy lol. Here's the bottle.

View attachment 223868
That chip on the crown will be invisible when you've got it on a shelf with many others in the near future!

YoloBottles

Reaction score
That chip on the crown will be invisible when you've got it on a shelf with many others in the near future!
Yeah I'm happy that it's on the back side so it's basically unnoticeable. Would be cool to have a small crate of straight sides. Would love to get a hutch too since there are some from my area if only they weren't so expensive.

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Second package went from a closer town in GA to Florida for some reason... ugh

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado