Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

New Straight Side Coke

YoloBottles

Mar 29, 2021
GA, USA
Hello everyone,

I bought my first straight side coke on Ebay. Since this was my first non-contour coke I figured $20 would be a good starting point. It arrived yesterday so I didn't get pictures up until today

The base has the embossed inscription: BOTTLING CO. JACKSONVILLE, FLA_ PROPERTY OF COCA-COLA
Under the base inscription are some numbers: 436 5 OCT 14
And under the bottle is a beautiful embossed Coca Cola logo.

I do not know what the 436 means. I assume the 5 OCT 14 is the date when the mold/embossing was made/commissioned. Which seems correct for this kind of bottle.

Condition: The glass itself is actually more intact than I thought would be for a $20 bottle. Other than a couple of small contact points here and there and a small chip on the crown it is in nice shape. Some bubbles in the glass too. Almost no noticeable wear on embossing or edges. It also exhibits a beautiful candy aqua color that looks reminiscent of aqua hutches; compared to the hard green most contour bottles have.

The main problem going for it is that half of the inside has glass sickness. I already cleaned out the bottle so I will look into getting it treated for that.

And finally here are some pics:

straightsidecoke.png

baststraitsidecoke.png

753985jhjh435873875487.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benC