New Straight Side Coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought my first straight side coke on Ebay. Since this was my first non-contour coke I figured $20 would be a good starting point. It arrived yesterday so I didn't get pictures up until today

The base has the embossed inscription: BOTTLING CO. JACKSONVILLE, FLA_ PROPERTY OF COCA-COLA
Under the base inscription are some numbers: 436 5 OCT 14
And under the bottle is a beautiful embossed Coca Cola logo.

I do not know what the 436 means. I assume the 5 OCT 14 is the date when the mold/embossing was made/commissioned. Which seems correct for this kind of bottle.

Condition: The glass itself is actually more intact than I thought would be for a $20 bottle. Other than a couple of small contact points here and there and a small chip on the crown it is in nice shape. Some bubbles in the glass too. Almost no noticeable wear on embossing or edges. It also exhibits a beautiful candy aqua color that looks reminiscent of aqua hutches; compared to the hard green most contour bottles have.

The main problem going for it is that half of the inside has glass sickness. I already cleaned out the bottle so I will look into getting it treated for that.

And finally here are some pics:

straightsidecoke.png

baststraitsidecoke.png

753985jhjh435873875487.png

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Nice addition. Do you collect Coca cola or Jacksonville bottles? Or both?
I mainly collect coke bottles. Would like to get some local bottles but my town didnt make any to my knowledge.

I just got this one cause it was cheap and I have wanted a straight side for a while. Love the color on it though.

hemihampton

Reaction score
$20 was a good price. Congrats. LEON.

Sideways206

Reaction score
I mainly collect coke bottles. Would like to get some local bottles but my town didnt make any to my knowledge.

I just got this one cause it was cheap and I have wanted a straight side for a while. Love the color on it though.
I found this Coke bottle yesterday. Do you know it's value? Or would you be interested in buying it?

Attachments

• 20210521_072901.jpg
    20210521_072901.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'd guess $10 would be pretty Generous. Probably more like $1.00-$5.00.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown