New to me NDNR bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Oddly I've been collecting these seaming unloved bottles for a few years now, I came across a listing for this green glass NDNR bottle that I had never seen in this bottle style before, made an offer on it and it's now mine. It showed up yesterday and I gave it a bath and took a few pictures. Bottle makers mark, best I can tell, is from Guernsey Glass Co., Cambridge, Ohio (B inside a triangle) which is listed as being in business from '67 until approx '88, I'm not so sure if this is indeed made by them, what looks like a "B" inside a triangle could also be a number "8". The only NDNR bottle that I know of that's even close to this bottle style is the "Crossover Tavern" style bottle that was made between '54 and '65, wondering if anyone else has one or knows anymore about it.
20220723_062934.jpg
20220723_063012.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
my guess would be beer bottles
I just put the "Crossover Tavern" style bottle in the picture for reference, my guess is the green oddball I'm referring to was more than likely used as a soda bottle, I could be wrong.... ;)

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i could be wrong but they both appear to be some type of beer bottles to me. the amber on possibly a root beer. most soda ndnr bottles l've seen had their name embossed some where on them, except for a few paper label ones i've seen.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Here's another seemingly "one off" NDNR bottle, this one is made by Glenshaw and is dated 1955, it's a plain Jane green bottle only embossed with the NDNR that doesn't look exactly the same as other bottles, closest that it looks like to me is the "Packie" style bottles. After doing some researching and finding pretty much nothing on my bottle (which I can't remember where I found it)20220731_093255.jpg20220731_093304.jpg20220731_093403.jpg, I did find where someone listed a picture of a 1955 32oz plain green bottle made by Glenshaw, and with what was said, for a rare paper label Mountain Dew bottle in 1955 that has never surfaced with label attached, oddly that's the same date as my 12oz bottle. I couldn't find anything on any paper label Dew bottles, so I'm wondering if the bottle I have may have been used for Mountain Dew as well but in a 12oz size. Here's the bottle in question standing alone and then next to an O/I made Packie on the left and a A/H made Packie on the right.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Here's another seemingly "one off" NDNR bottle, this one is made by Glenshaw and is dated 1955, it's a plain Jane green bottle only embossed with the NDNR that doesn't look exactly the same as other bottles, closest that it looks like to me is the "Packie" style bottles. After doing some researching and finding pretty much nothing on my bottle (which I can't remember where I found it)View attachment 238800View attachment 238801View attachment 238802, I did find where someone listed a picture of a 1955 32oz plain green bottle made by Glenshaw, and with what was said, for a rare paper label Mountain Dew bottle in 1955 that has never surfaced with label attached, oddly that's the same date as my 12oz bottle. I couldn't find anything on any paper label Dew bottles, so I'm wondering if the bottle I have may have been used for Mountain Dew as well but in a 12oz size. Here's the bottle in question standing alone and then next to an O/I made Packie on the left and a A/H made Packie on the right.
I have seen green bottles like those three, in the woods pretty much everywhere. I tend to overlook them as being common, but sometimes I check to see if they have the Anchor Hocking logo on the bottom. I am surprised there are no paper label Mountain Dew bottles that have survived somewhere. A museum should at least have one.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I have seen green bottles like those three, in the woods pretty much everywhere. I tend to overlook them as being common, but sometimes I check to see if they have the Anchor Hocking logo on the bottom. I am surprised there are no paper label Mountain Dew bottles that have survived somewhere. A museum should at least have one.
I wasn't able to find any images of any except for the 32oz size of the green Glenshaw made bottle.....Yeah, keep an eye out for the A/H Packie style beer bottles, considered rare? by some, I've found five A/H made ones so far, all from the same dump, unfortunately the state bought the property where that dump is located and recently put up no trespassing signs right next to the dump, that same dump is the only one I've found any green Packie style beer bottles at and only ones made by A/H and O/I, all other places I've found that style bottle have all been in amber, they also were made in clear glass as well. I'd be interested in any Packie style bottles you find, also, I also included the only image I found online of the the 32oz size bottle that was supposedly made for Mountain Dew........ ;)
28ozndnr55.jpg
203489-33dcc236ad40d1156a5aa6fbdecc9b95.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I guess I should add that I did find only two paper label Dew bottles on eBay (both different from one another) but from a much later time period, this one I've walked past countless times at an antique mall I go to often, IIRC it's dated from 1970 and oddly the "return for deposit" "money back bottle" is in ACL form. It looks like there weren't many paper label Dew bottles made.
20220803_104105.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi