New To My Collection (been a long time)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Van

Reaction score
I’m very curious about finding bottles along a river, how do you go about doing that or what is it that makes you stop at some point and start digging? I just moved to Arkansas and live along the White river and I never even thought of that, I’m almost excited at the prospect.

photolith

Reaction score
You just walk riverbanks or creeks, its as simple as that and look for bottles or glass.

photolith

Reaction score
Just picked up this one today, my most expensive bitters by far. No more buying bottles for months now, gotta go back to my dump to dig up more in the meantime.

s-l1600-15 by photolitherland, on Flickr

s-l1600-13 by photolitherland, on Flickr

s-l1600-14 by photolitherland, on Flickr

Also, here are some trading cards from the past few months, I have all the corresponding bottles to these cards as well.

Untitled by photolitherland, on Flickr

The reverse to the last card image.

Also two inks I've dug in the past few months at my spot in WV. The first is a nice 1860's or so perfect umbrella pontiled ink rolled top that cleaned up beautifully.

And the second is the tiniest little cracked top (most likely originating from England) ink, that dates to about 1910-20 at the same spot.

Last edited:

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I recognize some bottles in this staff. I've got a bottle like the labeled ink on front quick drying ink (stamps) I wonna know the base if possible and the label. My one has a strange symbol embossed.
I see a square one with vertical lines is it an inkwel as well? The similar I've got has embossed Lyons on the base.
Last one far right might be "Muro".

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi