New To My Collection (been a long time)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
dang, you've been on an absolute tear recently. Any advice for digging old stone foundations? there's a few near me, but I have no idea where to start with them.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Photolith, crazy nice finds each one nicer than the last. They just kept coming! Marbles that clay pipe is in pristine condition. Meds are sweet in fact I don't think I saw anyone I did not like. Amazing post and pictures. I thought 10 images was the limit...I guess I was wrong. Thanks again!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

yacorie

Reaction score
Holy crap - love the pictures - the owl pharmacy and marbles are great.

mate those all finds you’ve had digging or are some of those purchased?

if those are all from digging - holy crap again. Do you sell stuff or keep it all?

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Seeing as I’ll probably be broke soon because of this effing virus and will lose my job; I’ve gotten into marbles. As they are largely much much cheaper than bottles, but equally as beautiful. Although I think I got screwed on my last eBay purchase. This marble was said to be an antique German swirl. Now from my limited antique marble knowledge, I am to believe that any pre machine made marble should have a pontil scar on it and some surface damage from the marble being used during games. This marble I got in the mail today is beautiful but in no way do I think it’s an antique. I think it’s mostly likely a 20 year old or newer but still hand made marble. No pontil scar or wear. Although I think some collectors do polish their marbles, I still don’t think this is an antique, but perhaps it is. It’s still beautiful but wish it were an actual 1800s marble; which it might be but I’m 90 percent positive it isn’t.
Are you still wanting to buy marbles

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I have a bunch available. Here are some pictures. If you would like some just let me know. 2 box fulls. If you would like close ups just say

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 358

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
The more I looked the more jealous and happy for you I became.
Those med bottles are just amazing all of them. Your truly epic score on that handful of handmade possibly large marbles is drool worthy, but all the marble pictures were honestly. They have my heart in any age,value, size. I wish I had that kinda luck here. I just don't really find marbles in creek walks or digs. And the abandoned house is a interesting idea for a search, I may look into seeing if it's a possibility for this area and me. Thank you for sharing all of your amazing items and best of luck as you continue your hunt!

Raff

Sent from my SM-S260DL using Tapatalk

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
I have a bunch available. Here are some pictures. If you would like some just let me know. 2 box fulls. If you would like close ups just say
After Photolith has had a chance to look and purchase, I would like to see the remaining ones if possible, or if there are any left I should say as well. I see a few I'm very interested in because I think they are beautiful. I have no idea if they are rare or anything. I just collect for visual pleasure for myself and I love to do the research to see who made it when where... that sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

Raff

Timelypicken

Reaction score
After Photolith has had a chance to look and purchase, I would like to see the remaining ones if possible, or if there are any left I should say as well. I see a few I'm very interested in because I think they are beautiful. I have no idea if they are rare or anything. I just collect for visual pleasure for myself and I love to do the research to see who made it when where... that sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

Raff

Here is a page with all the marbles remaining for sale

photolith

Reaction score
Some recent barn finds/abandoned house finds and digs from the past month. And my marbles have doubled since a few months ago after I came across some sweet 1930s-50s marbles in an abandoned houses basement. Not all the marbles were recent finds, thats about all the marbles Ive dug up or found in abandoned houses in the past 2 years or so and the ones in this post are just the best and most collectible ones. Ive dug up or found a lot of junk modern marbles or ones that are very damaged that aren't pictured here.

Untitled by photolitherland, on Flickr

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member