New To My Collection (been a long time)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

photolith

Reaction score
Some other finds from the past month or so, best one by far is the target ball I found while doing a survey for the Pittsburgh Historic Foundation of an historic 1790's house here in Pittsburgh in the attic. The one thing I didn't find but bought was the large case gin from about 1780, bought that one at an antique store about three weeks ago, couldn't pass it up for the price and its a beauty. The other case gins in that photo I bought a long time ago in Arkansas. Never have dug up a case gin, hopefully someday.

Untitled by photolitherland, on Flickr

ACV_8433 by photolitherland, on Flickr

A lot of the stuff thats unlabeled that Ive found this year has been coming from one tiny little dump thats the hardest dump Ive ever dug, rocks everywhere and it takes about an entire day just to dig 4 more feet of it, but its been worth it. Its a lot bigger than it looks in the crappy photo. Been digging this spot since about March.

Last edited:

photolith

Reaction score
Some nice Bottles. How old is the Dump? LEON
1890's-1918 or so. Then it skips about 20 years and then is 1940's-60s. Theres 1870's-60s stuff hanging around on the hill on the surface, not sure if the really old stuff is coming from a dump or was just trash thrown down the hill from the neighborhood that sits on top of it that dates from the 1850's. Ive scoured the hill for an older dump but have yet to find a definitive spot.

photolith

Reaction score
^
Whoever used this a dump loved beer and Ive found loads of intact beers and random medicines but Ive yet to find an intact hutch from this dump. Lots and lots of shards of hutches but not a fully intact one yet from this dump due to the large amounts of rocks that were also dumped into it or rolled down the hill from the cliffs up above. Somehow that Big Bill Best Bitters was unscathed at the top of my last post from this page. Couldn't believe it when I dug it out of the dirt and rocks. The bottle is a 12in tall.

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
People don't think much about it but going an digging bottles an the time spent to find them. It can be really hard work in places that most people would dare spend the amount of time we do. From flying blood suckers ticks snakes etc. I hate it if I'm being insenitive but it wouldn't bother me to beat that kid with an old coke bottle to the point he will drink pepsi for the rest of his life. Some of this stuff you can't find anymore.

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
So envious of the marbles! I'd love to find a place around here to find them. Just not really anything I've found here. Lots of soda and junk though... tons of junk. But I have had my good ones here and there as well so can't complain too much.

Sent from my SM-S260DL using Tapatalk

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
So envious of the marbles! I'd love to find a place around here to find them. Just not really anything I've found here. Lots of soda and junk though... tons of junk. But I have had my good ones here and there as well so can't complain too much.

I find them all the time i once tilled up a Ladys yard for a pool to dit on. It was 16 squre feet i found 27 marbles in that One space.

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
I find them all the time i once tilled up a Ladys yard for a pool to dit on. It was 16 squre feet i found 27 marbles in that One space.
Wow, you ever feel the weight of them all. I'd gladly take some of them off your hands lol. But seriously, very cool. I find lots of flint chips and partial arrow heads when we till.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora