New to the forum.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sprociket

Reaction score
Hello All, I found a 5" tall glass bottle with "Norwich" on all three sides. I've googled it and the only post I could find was delete from this forum a while ago. From what I've found, Norwich started branding these triangle-shaped bottles with Pepto Bismol but I cannot find out when this started to happen. Can anyone tell me when Norwich stopped making these bottles? Thanks.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Hello All, I found a 5" tall glass bottle with "Norwich" on all three sides. I've googled it and the only post I could find was delete from this forum a while ago. From what I've found, Norwich started branding these triangle-shaped bottles with Pepto Bismol but I cannot find out when this started to happen. Can anyone tell me when Norwich stopped making these bottles? Thanks.

nhpharm

Reaction score
They made them with the Norwich embossing at least through the 1960's, but they had Pepto Bismol labeling. I can't say I've ever seen one marked Pepto Bismol...the bottles had the Norwich embossing and the Pepto Bismol label.

Last edited:

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Many machine made bottles have a date code on the base. Sometimes it is month and year, sometimes week and year. You can usually figure it out. Sometimes there will be a mold number as well. There are also books on glassmakers marks and the dates they were used. Time to start digging for books if you really want to know.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp