New to the site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Smattingly77

Reaction score
I dug bottles in Louisville ky for years. I've got some bottles I'm curious about
View attachment 243144
20230120_141650.jpg
20230120_142804.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That black glass bottle is interesting, I don't remember seeing one like it before. It looks like it should have a pontil even though as far as I can tell it doesn't.
The pharmacy bottle is from around the 1880s or so I think, couldn't tell you anything more without knowing the name on it.
The round-bottom bottle held ginger ale, and would have needed a metal holder to stand up. These would typically be served in upscale restaurants and hotels. I think they were in use from around the 1880s to the 1920s.
The pontil bottle at the end is a nice one, from the 1860s at the latest. Hard to say for sure what it would have held. Some type of sauce, maybe?

Reactions: Roy

Smattingly77

Reaction score
The one with a pontil mark is a blank medicine from around the Civil War Era. The dark brown to black bottle is the one I'm most curious about. I've never seen that design of a bottle. I'm thinking it's an older whiskey bottle. I researched the clear medicine. It's an old flat base medicine druggist bottle from around the 1860s 70s. The master ink is from Europe. Old. One auctioned off a gold ship recovery treasure for 1,500 bucks or so. I've got more bottles I've dug than I can count. Pre civil war to early 1900s stuff. Fun to research them. I'm really looking forward to finding out what the circular embossed base bottom on that dark bottle is. I might have it cleaned to reveal more

Roy

Reaction score
The one with a pontil mark is a blank medicine from around the Civil War Era. The dark brown to black bottle is the one I'm most curious about. I've never seen that design of a bottle. I'm thinking it's an older whiskey bottle. I researched the clear medicine. It's an old flat base medicine druggist bottle from around the 1860s 70s. The master ink is from Europe. Old. One auctioned off a gold ship recovery treasure for 1,500 bucks or so. I've got more bottles I've dug than I can count. Pre civil war to early 1900s stuff. Fun to research them. I'm really looking forward to finding out what the circular embossed base bottom on that dark bottle is. I might have it cleaned to reveal more
Welcome aboard Smattingly77 .
The black glass bottle is one I've never seen before either.
I don't see the master ink, am I just missing it? Roy

Smattingly77

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Smattingly77 .
The black glass bottle is one I've never seen before either.
I don't see the master ink, am I just missing it? Roy
I'm new on here but I think you have to click a link for that pict at the beginning of my post

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac