New to the site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Annie Mac

Reaction score
I was happy to find this group. I'm not an avid collector, but have held on to a few that I came across over the years. And of course I have questions. I've attached images of two. Curious about them. The polymol hair dressing is interesting - I couldn't find much, but did find record of a court case, from 1940, where it was found to contain coal tar, which was not approved by the gov't for that use, and 27 dozen cases were destroyed. The other is Gude's pepto. All the images I've seen the 'Gudes' comes after pepto manga. I imagine that would help with aging it, but I couldn't find anything.

Appreciate any info you might have.

All of my bottle are 'foggy' for lack of a better word, because I found them all, out and about, washed up etc. is there a way to fix that? Any good tricks for getting the inside clean? I've tried water with salt as an abrasive, and soaking in vinegar.

Thanks!

Attachments​

• hair dressing.jpg
    hair dressing.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0
  • bottom of hair dressing.jpg
    bottom of hair dressing.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bottom of Gudes.jpg
    bottom of Gudes.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
  • Gudes.jpg
    Gudes.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the bottles you've got (I never knew Gude was someone's name) unfortunately. The cloudiness is usually damage to the glass which can only be fixed by tumbling the bottle in a purpose-built bottle tumbler. There are people you can pay to do it but it's usually not worth it except with particularly high-end bottles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky