New to this and asking for information

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sensor

Reaction score
Hello folks - sorry to sound stupid but I am very new at all this and a little bit overwhelmed. My husband and I recently found several old bottles and am interested in hearing about the history of a few of them.. We found what appears to be a soft drink bottle with a very unique design on it. It's called Nulcy and has a bottle patent date on it: March 9, 1920. Obviously, that's the date of the patent but did they patent each bottle with the date it was filled with the beverage? I also found a Nehi bottle with Columbus, GA written on it and the date March, 1925 and a Hartman Beverage bottle along with multiple Coke bottles. There were several small bottles as well that are unmarked, although one has Pompeia Olive Oil on the bottom and a unique slant to the top (all glass) and another bottle with 3 111 written on the side - these guys wouldn't have held much whatever they had in them. Any ideas about any of these? thanks so much for information! All this has all been underwater (lake) since 1957 (doing repair work on the dam and had to lower the water for a few months).

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE HERE THAT KNOW SODA'S LIKE THE BACK OF THERE HAND AND AM SURE THEY WILL BE ALONG TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT YOUR BOTTLES! TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I AM A LITTLE GIDDY! COURSE IT COULD BE FROM HAVING INSOMIA AND BEING UP ALL NIGHT![8D]DON'T MIND ME I AM HARMLESS!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Well the Harman Beverages bottle is from Knoxville, Tenn. Harman Beverage as a company is much better known as the creators of the original 7-up type formula of Mountain Dew back in the latter part of the 1940's.

2A4997FFDF9C4E959C5C5500F1268473.jpg

Here's a hartman with a Mil-kay from the same company.

Attachments

• 2A4997FFDF9C4E959C5C5500F1268473.jpg
    2A4997FFDF9C4E959C5C5500F1268473.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 61

sensor

Reaction score
Hello folks -- well, we're still bottle collecting while the water is down! Yesterday, i found a bottle in excellent condition in the riverbed, with Sunrise Beverages written on it. We also found multiple Coke bottles dated in the 20's, 40's and 50's. The ones from the 20's have a really "funky" color to 'em... it's an irridescent light green coloring - perhaps from being submerged all these years. My husband also found a nice Canada Dry Sparkling Water that looks to be about 7 oz. I found a dark brown bottle with a cork-type top with RC on the bottom.. don't know if it's the actual RC syrup they used to send to soda fountains.. This community existed back in the late 1800's and started becoming more of a boom-town in the early 1900's. It is no longer around today -- owned by a private company who probably wish us bankwalkers would go away.. oh, and it's not too accessible unless you're willing to hall bottles about 2 miles down a river bed.. Anyway, it's a lot of fun and I love finding out the history of these bottles! Thanks! :)

sensor

Reaction score
I would love to post a pic -- as soon as I can figure out how to do just that.. :) It's a blonde-thing.. I'll ask my husband to take a picture of it tonight for posting. I would also like to find out more info on the RC bottle. It's dark brown, squared and has nothing on the sides; however, on the bottom, it's got RC on the bottom.. We've had so much fun at this that, yesterday, we climbed down into the river and retrieved some bottles for a man who used to work for RC many years ago.. He only had a few bottles which weren't old so we wanted to share the fun.. We found one from the 50's and another we couldn't identify. I had no idea treasure hunting like this would be so fun!
Sissy

sensor

Reaction score
OK.. here's the first try at posting a picture or two... brace yourself...

well, that wasn't pretty... I am, obviously, not too savy at this.. can somebody please explain to me a simple way to post a pic?

kastoo

Reaction score
I have a Sunrise ACL that was found under a house....It's real nice, common but nice. I wonder what you'd find if youdug the dirt those bottles are laying on? Older bottles??????

I'm in GA. I see that your bottle said Columbus so you must not be far. I live minutes from West Point Lake.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Sissy,
Here's a little tutorial on posting pics here.
First of all, when you download photos from your digital camera, click on all of them and go to FILE. You should have something titled "batch process," or close to it. You want to make the size of the photos in to something manageable, like 25Kb each. Choose reduce picture size and change it from 100%, to 50 %. That should do it. Write down the name of the file the pictures went in to, after giving it a name and saving it.
Next, sign in here. You have to be signed in, to post pictures.
Choose the correct forum, give your post a title and write something in the header and posting box.
Now, go down under here, where you see the little white box that reads "Embed picture in post," next to it. Left click on the box. Look to the left of that. You'll see in blue letters "click here to upload." Left click on that. You will then have a window come up that allows you to browse the photos you have saved, in your computer. Find the file with the pictures that you desire, by left clicking on the browse button. Get the picture you want and left click on it, twice. Left click on the OK button. When the little box with the OK button finishes loading your picture (you'll know, when the URL bar w/ your picture address in it goes blank), close that small window by X'ing it out, and come back to this page. You now need to click on the OK button, below here. Wait a minute and Voila!, your post shows up, with the picture imbedded. You can add pictures in a "string," in the same post, using the yellow button, but I just found out about that and haven't figured it out yet.
Good luck,
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac