new tumbler & questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks Warren, if I get up the nerve to tumble it, I'll be sure and coat the burst lip. Kelley

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Kelly...

Throw a little light on that gem you're hiding in the corner... You must have a photo you could share with us...

Ron

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi kelly and taz, thanks for the advise and help. i am using 1200 grit silicon cutter. my husband gave me some 500 grit emery paper and show me how it was used . i tried it tonight, he does a better job or did it quicker then i could. i think i will enlist his help as he is stronger then i am[;)]. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks again so much for the help, rhona

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Ron, I posted these pics not too long ago but I'll put em up again. I have never seen one on Ebay or at an online auction house. Kovell's list it at $330.00 but I put little stock in their price guide. We don't get bottle shows here in the Panhandle of Texas so I am limited on accurate information. It is embossed SMFG Co. Taz took a guess and it makes sense :Sanford Manufacturing Co. This is a smooth base and I dug it from an 1870's-1880's pit. Kelley

Gd94013.jpg

Attachments

• Gd94013.jpg
    Gd94013.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 85

bearswede

Reaction score
Nice bottle, Kelly... I remember it now...

These senior moments are getting longer and more frequent!!!!!

Ron

PS... I see you passed on the Baker's Bitters...

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Ron, I actually put a bid in on it, and had it for a few hours. I believe the winner got it for $139.00. I put in $125.00. I keep tellin my wife these things are an investment for our grandchildren and she keeps rollin her eyes.[sm=rolleyes.gif] Go figure! lol Kelley

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kelly, Cleaning supply wholesalers carry a cleaning solution for cleaning aluminium that will take that white stuff out of bottles. The solution is made from hydrofloric and phosforic acid. Pour the solution IN the bottle and don't leave it fore more than 10 min. Time it, don't leave it for more than 10 min! If a little spills on the outside of the bottle just wipe it off. NEVER submerce a bottle in this stuff, it will etch the outside of the bottle for some reason but not the inside. You can actually watch the frosting come loose and sink to the bottom of the bottle. [:)] When done rinse with water and wash with soap and water. Do this outside it makes a smell, [:'(] causes stains,messes up counter tops and sinks and really POs the little woman. [:mad:] It really works great.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis