newbie finds more worthless stuff!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bluebelle

Reaction score
I sure like the looks of that greenish bottle with the hexagonal facets. I'd clean it up and display it. Experts, is it an ink? One hint for taking pictures - put something in the picture next to the item to show relative size, like a little ruler if you have one, -- or anything that everybody knows the size of, anything, like a cig. pack, a quarter, a pen, whatever is handy.
Its great to find something of age or value, but the bottom line for a lot of us is, if you like it, if its looks or shape or color calls out to you, keep it! Good luck!

diginit

Reaction score
Howdy Newbie.
From one to another, The top bottle looks to me like a honey jar.

jeanie

Reaction score
I found a small very ornate stopper topped perfume bottle. I am
going to an appraisal show in May for a benefit here and have a few items
i have been unable to identify anywhere..
I'll let you know what they say about the perfume bottle

Larisa W.

Reaction score
Worthless!!! I think not!

I personally like the bottles from the 40's, they are really fun to collect, and seem easy to find! I have found a bunch of similar ones, and I take them home, I usually dont take duplicates, just one of each kind. Maybe in 50 years they wont be so worthless. Plus you have to figure the exercise you got, and the fresh air, and the fun!

Keep diggin!

PS: the first one looks like an ink bottle to me.

Larisa W

batfish

Reaction score
Larisa,

When I used the term 'worthless' I was referring to monetery value alone. Indeed, these old bottles have some allure or I wouldn't be standing in the mud of a creek hacking away at the bank with a harvestor!

I've found about 25-30 intact bottles and jars, now. I've kept 11 interesting ones. I haven't posted more pictures, because I sort of got a feel for what I am dealing with. Among the score or so bottles I found a few oldies - A late 1800's beer (Schlitz) and a turn'o the century fruit extract bottle. The rest are from the 30s and 40s.

I've reached the point of diminishing returns with the 'blind hacking' technique and am on the verge of ordering a probe. With I probe I hope to turn up some more old beers - though I think the old beer bottle might have been a discard from a long ago fisherman and not associated with the dump at all. We'll see ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky