Newbie in Need

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sundogdreams

Reaction score
I found this on a freshwater dive where there appear to be more, some with painted labels. This certainly looks like a soda bottle to me, but what do I know. Just wanted to know what brand it might be. Looks like a space open where the label used to be.

Vt57872.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Looks more like a ketchup bottle to me. Maybe someone will be able to confirm or deny. [;)] Kelley

sundogdreams

Reaction score
Oh, gawd, I've found an underwater trash heap! I'd better find a new place to dive! Thanks!

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
Sorry guys but I disagree on the Ketchup theory. It is a crown top and Ketchup was not meant to be used all in one sitting. Ketchups came in Cork tops and or screw tops.

This is a soda bottle or a mineral water......:eek:)

BA

ronvae

Reaction score
You found a trash heap to dive in any you're going somewhere else!?[&:] What could be finer? I do almost all my dive planning around finding the best trash heap! I've been hitting an 1890-1915-ish one every week lately, though 41F water hurts...[8D]

kastoo

Reaction score
Got some news for ya...later dumps still have valuable milk bottles and whitehouse vinegar bottles....AND even 1960s and 70s ones will have some rare Mountain Dews and those royal ruby red anchor hocking beer bottles. Don't believe? Check Ebay

sundogdreams

Reaction score
Nothing embossed on the bottom. Guess I'll have to go back and see what else is there and bring back some more trinkets. This is kinda fun!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26