Newburgh Glass Co Misprint

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cksommer

Reaction score
Recently discovered below bottle with Newburgh Glass Co and patent date. It is about 6” in height. It looks like the “N” in Newburgh is backwards. Wondering if anyone knows any history tied to these bottles. Any value tied to the misprint?

Thanks, Chris

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 65

Roy

Reaction score
Recently discovered below bottle with Newburgh Glass Co and patent date. It is about 6” in height. It looks like the “N” in Newburgh is backwards. Wondering if anyone knows any history tied to these bottles. Any value tied to the misprint?

Thanks, Chris

View attachment 237683
Can't tell you anything about except it sure is nice looking and I wish I had found it... Beautiful bottle, great color.

Welcome to the forum. Roy

Reactions: Len

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Great bot! I'd guess 1860s-'70s, give or take a decade. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Mold errors rarely add much to value, oddly. It's a nice flask in a nice color and looks like in good condition. Don't know what the Newburgh's go for but I would think that should have some value.

jim G

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Roy, et al,
Keep your eyes open while you're pulling bots from the water in the"berries." :) 84 goes right through the source. --You know the old saying-"Bots in the berries been very, very, good to me.":cool:

Last edited:

Roy

Reaction score
Hey Roy, et al,
Keep your eyes open while you're pulling bots from the water in the"berries." :) 84 goes right through the source. --You know the old saying-"Bots in the berries been very, very, good to me.":cool:
Well Len, that seems to confirm it,
my memory is completely gone when I can't remember a great old saying like that...... I'll have to write it down somewhere... Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Just enjoy and feel free to use. "Although copious notes have been know to get extra credit in some classes." For future use you might want to change the 2 v(s) in "very, very" to (b) s. ;)

Reactions: Roy

sandchip

Reaction score
Great looking flask. The color would probably do more to help the value than the backwards "N".

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18