Newcastle Brown Ale bottle, vintage or nothing special?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ashfound

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope i'm posting this in the right place. I found a bottle laying on the surface in the woods today, it says "The One and Only" and from what I have found online it seems to be a Newcastle Brown Ale bottle. What I don't know is if it is from the 1950s ish, when they used to be made, or if it is a very recent bottle (Heineken apparently recently started selling Newcastle Brown Ale after it not being around in the US for a while) and I don't know how to tell. If anyone knows about these, I would love some info! Nothing written on the bottom but it says "€ 355mL 42mm 0761" along the base.

Attachments

• IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_6805.JPG
    IMG_6805.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_6806.JPG
    IMG_6806.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 126

hemihampton

Reaction score
I would guess nothing special. it probably had a paper label on it at one time. I got one of these in a Beer Can from the 1970's. LEON.

willong

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ashfound.

I was working on clearing out a building for six weeks. I'm 600 miles away right now taking a break while waiting for a pinched nerve to heal. When I return to the task, I'll try to remember to look at a Newcastle bottle that was lying inside the structure. I think it is significantly different form than the one in your photo. I don't remember it having shoulder embossing like your example. I do know that it is of recent vintage (since 2001), as I drank the contents and left the bottle behind sometime within the last two decades :p!

Since your curiosity prompted you to search out this forum, not to mention expend the effort to take and post photos in your quest for answers, I would venture that you are already bitten by the bottle bug regardless the vintage of your recent find. Should it catalyze your interest into a lifelong hobby, your Newcastle Brown Ale bottle will always be something special.

ashfound

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ashfound.

I was working on clearing out a building for six weeks. I'm 600 miles away right now taking a break while waiting for a pinched nerve to heal. When I return to the task, I'll try to remember to look at a Newcastle bottle that was lying inside the structure. I think it is significantly different form than the one in your photo. I don't remember it having shoulder embossing like your example. I do know that it is of recent vintage (since 2001), as I drank the contents and left the bottle behind sometime within the last two decades :p!

Since your curiosity prompted you to search out this forum, not to mention expend the effort to take and post photos in your quest for answers, I would venture that you are already bitten by the bottle bug regardless the vintage of your recent find. Should it catalyze your interest into a lifelong hobby, your Newcastle Brown Ale bottle will always be something special.
Thank you for your reply! I just happened to see this one while walking in the woods, noticed it wasn't a screw top and decided to hold onto it just in case it was something interesting. I haven't had much time to do actual digging lately, but I do have a small collection of bottles I've found over the last couple of years, and it is really an interesting hobby. Would definitely be interested to see the differences between this bottle and the one you found, if you get the chance!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94