newest big skilton amber

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
I just picked this up. It is the largest one of the skilton pickles that I know of. The only one big enough to get your hand or fingers in it.
Joel

ABCAE40061044AFC930D7BFFB1CCEB7A.jpg

Attachments

• ABCAE40061044AFC930D7BFFB1CCEB7A.jpg
    ABCAE40061044AFC930D7BFFB1CCEB7A.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 54

annie44

Reaction score
Very nice, Joel. Actually, I saw a huge amber Bunker Hill at the Baltimore show this year - just when I think I've figured out the different sizes and colors, I come across a new one.

epgorge

Reaction score
How big was it Annie? Both heigth and opening width if you remember, please. I too am confused about these.Variety seems to be in abundance. I broke a small aqua this morning. I teared up. I only have four left now.

I sent my other two yellow(?) amber, whatevers to Randy Driscol to sell at Bottleauction.com for me. I am liqueidating quite a few this year through him. All top quality glass. I think the closing gavel on this auction takes place in June. They will be listed soon. He also has that gorgeous yellow amber Demi I own. The McK 10b scroll flask and a Grays and Clark.

I have a marble countertop and they are pretty unforgiving on glass.

Joel

annie44

Reaction score
Hi Joel,
I don't know the measurements of the one I saw, but I would say it had a base at least twice as wide as any that I own.
I don't see the variants online very often, but there are a couple of dealers at the Baltimore show that bring in the ones that are unusual and scarce.
Maybe you'll find one on Sunday!
Cindy

epgorge

Reaction score
RE: here's the one at the baltimore show I took a picture of

Wowzer Cobalt,

I want it!!!!!

That is the biggest I have seen to date. You can almost get your hand in it. Of course you would need to drop the pickle to get your hand out. I will be watching for one of those.

If and when it is ever for sale, let me know what you want for it. Which of the listed colors do you think it is? Amber, Yellow Amber, Honey Amber or Yellow?

A trade for something I have?

Joel

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi